Recommendation for gun safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
A pro thief won’t waste time going through the door - that’s the most heavily-defended side. He’ll just cut through the side with an angle grinder.

That's why a loud alarm is so nice. On my alarm I've had it go off twice by accident and the I live in an area with good coverage the police were they both times in under 3 minutes. That's also why I have a safe made of plate rather than sheet metal.

What thickness?

The best safes have 7 gauge steel outside 12 or 14 inside with cement in the middle. Downside is $1500 and 1500 pounds
smile.gif

All the others are easily entered. Not much difference between a 400 safe and an 800 dollar safe as far as entry from the side with the pointed side of a fire ax

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
A pro thief won’t waste time going through the door - that’s the most heavily-defended side. He’ll just cut through the side with an angle grinder.

That's why a loud alarm is so nice. On my alarm I've had it go off twice by accident and the I live in an area with good coverage the police were they both times in under 3 minutes. That's also why I have a safe made of plate rather than sheet metal.

What thickness?

Three eights inch plate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back