Recommend Me: Largest Back Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mcrn
Ford Flex

Unfortunately the wife considers this a "wagon" and "ugly". Flex ecoboost would be sweet and has tons of 2nd row space.

You can't go wrong with the Wagon Queen Family Truckster.

Screenshot_20190712-214320_Gallery.jpg

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
You can't go wrong with the Wagon Queen Family Truckster.

Yeah, you think you hate it now, but wait til you drive it.

I'm 6'2" and fit just fine in the back seat of the 16' Avalon as far as leg room, with the front seats all the way back.

However, headroom is a little short for me. No problem for anyone shorter than me though.

My Sonata has wayyyyyy more headroom though.

Originally Posted by dareo
So your telling me an 8th gen accord with a stated 37.2" rear leg room is actually more spacious than the 10th generations? I find that hard to believe considering they made the 10th gen accord giant.

The Gen 10 is a stretched Civic while the Gen 8 is built on its own platform.
The Gen 10 is noticeably narrower inside and lacks the enormous door pockets and capacious center stack bin of the Gen 8. The trunk suffers due to the very intrusive strut towers as compared to the Gen 8. It may have the same measured capacity, but it lacks the same usable width with large roller bags side by side being a squeeze.
As one who owns one of each, I can tell you from practical experience which offers more usable space for four adults and an infant in a car seat in the center rear along with the usable trunk space for this complement of folks for a weekend trip.
Of course, the Hybrid blows our Gen 8 away in fuel economy, but with a heavy load and interstate driving with the AC blasting, the difference isn't as great as one might think.
Maybe 30 mpg vs 42 mpg under those conditions.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Originally Posted by dareo
So your telling me an 8th gen accord with a stated 37.2" rear leg room is actually more spacious than the 10th generations? I find that hard to believe considering they made the 10th gen accord giant.

The Gen 10 is a stretched Civic while the Gen 8 is built on its own platform.
The Gen 10 is noticeably narrower inside and lacks the enormous door pockets and capacious center stack bin of the Gen 8. The trunk suffers due to the very intrusive strut towers as compared to the Gen 8. It may have the same measured capacity, but it lacks the same usable width with large roller bags side by side being a squeeze.
As one who owns one of each, I can tell you from practical experience which offers more usable space for four adults and an infant in a car seat in the center rear along with the usable trunk space for this complement of folks for a weekend trip.
Of course, the Hybrid blows our Gen 8 away in fuel economy, but with a heavy load and interstate driving with the AC blasting, the difference isn't as great as one might think.
Maybe 30 mpg vs 42 mpg under those conditions.

Really? The new accord is based on the civic platform? Wow, what a rip! Although I personally think the new accord looks sharp, hearing it shares a platform with a compact makes me think their trying to pull a fast one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back