Recommend a spark plug for Toyota 2.4L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: incognito_2u
What he said ^^^

Open up the owners manual and pick either the NGK or the DENSO spec'd out in the manual.
Both great plugs.......
$60 seems high for 4 plugs, though.....shop around.
Good Luck!
This ^ .

Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian
Thank you fellas. Will go with NGK. Which is more beneficial though... Copper NGK and replace every year? Which I dont mind, it'll take 10 mins. Or iridium plugs? Do they simply offer longer interval? I want to get the best performance, do not care for the interval. Best performace in terms of fuel economy and power. So which type of NGK?
Why skimp on plugs? Use the factory Denso or NGK. Otherwise you're penny wise and pound foolish.

Originally Posted By: dogememe
Denso or NGK. Denso is the best choice but rather pricy. NGK is a great alternative that will give you no trouble. Use whatever type of plug the vehicle originally called for... if it came with platinum stick with that, for example.

I think you have that reversed, right? Denso is always cheaper than NGK for anything I've ever bought.

I'm running autolite copper 3923s now on the same motor in my 02 camry. Yup, $1.50/plug. These replaced denso iridiums that performed the same.

More important are the coil-on-plugs. They do fatigue without throwing codes. The OEs aren't great and neither are the aftermarkets. I have a stick shift and after coasting when I hit the gas the car would "load up" then purge that cylinder and fire on all 4. If you feel anything odd like that, get a new COP or two and swap around until you find the dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back