RECALL: Kidde Fire Extinguishers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took several weeks for mine to arrive; longer than the predicted date.

And for some reason, I'm not sure if some of the replacements got lost, or what, but I'm short 2 of the 10 I called to have replaced.

Got my replacement extinguisher on Monday.

FWIW when I submitted the form on the website, the date code on the old one from 2008 didn't match the format that the website expected, so I fudged it.

Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid
11/04/2017 ...... called on phone

12/03/2017 ...... nothing yet

11/04/2017 ...... Called on phone
12/07/2017 ...... Received replacement

Edit: Will send 'old' one back after Christmas rush.

Last edited:
Did you guys who got a replacement sent to you get a shipping tracking number from Kidde?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Did you guys who got a replacement sent to you get a shipping tracking number from Kidde?

I did not receive a tracking number to track replacement coming to my house.
But like every thing I do, keep good records for documentation / and give them time.

Last edited:
I have heard nothing since I have filed the info.

Too funny, just as I posted I got a email from them.

Thank you for participating in Kidde’s fire extinguisher replacement program. Customer safety is our priority and we are pleased by the strong response to our recall announcement. However, due to high demand the most comparable replacement for your unit is backordered.

We regret any inconvenience this has caused and are working diligently to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
OK I have two older, 1980's model Kidde extinguishers among my various extinguishers. Just small models, under bathroom sinks. Definitely impacted by the recall, but prior to having the date code printed on the body. That said, their words/instructions don't match the website for entering. Pretty much a PITA. But I got the system to accept the two. A few weeks later I get an email asking for me to make sure, which I did and they said "OK". Then I got a FedEx email with tracking number, came home one day and large box was on the porch. Open said box and there is one, single, nice fire extinguisher Pro 4 TCM-9 P210-3 not related at all to the two small models.

FX210R-large.jpg

http://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/products/fire-safety/fire-extinguishers/for-home/pro-210/

At that point I called it quits. I have plenty of beefy extinguishers, this one is a keeper
smile.gif

They appear to be shipping FedEx Home/Ground I got an e-mail saying they were coming but because I have inbound tracking notifications turned on in my FedEx account.

Has anyone received a replacement for a 2A40BC?

I'm curious as to what they're shipping as the modern equivalent. Maybe the Pro 340?

It took about a month to receive a Pro 210, which I'm assuming is meant to replace the 1A10BC I have. The other is backordered.

But I wanted to make sure I'm sending the right one back first.

Mine are from the 80s, and have no serial or model numbers matching those expected in all the guides. But do match the pictures.

The specific call center handling the recall couldn't deal with them, so I had to call Kidde directly and send them pictures.

Thanks for the "heads up". My RPS-1 10BC was on the list. The serial number was not where it was in the pictures, but I finally found it. Purchase date was about 1985. Its dial says it needs recharging after 32 years. If the new one lasts that long I'll long be dead.

Last edited:
Anyone else received "extras?"

I had two and exchanged them.

Received another unexpected one a little while ago and finally had time today to call and ask what to do with it; I was ready to send it back but they told me to keep it.

FedEx just delivered another one today.

This recall campaign seems to be a little disorganized...

I had several, the new ones took three weeks to get. Included a shipping label and the process was easy. Not all plastic handled units were recalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back