Real synthetic ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about someone actually answer the OP's question....

Redline is ester based going (group V) they have a 0w20

Motul has some 100% synthetics.

Amsoil is not 100% synthetic....but I love it.

RLI is 100% biosynthetic and is also amazing

Royal Purple used to be a pao base with a dash of grp II as an additive carrier. Since they got bought out,I'm not sure if that still applies.

Yeah, there has to be some carrier oil for the additive package. For Jet Engines, sure all PAO. For gasoline burning IC engines, some dino will always be in there.

How about just best lubricating oil - now we can really start the debate
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Yeah, there has to be some carrier oil for the additive package. For Jet Engines, sure all PAO. For gasoline burning IC engines, some dino will always be in there.

How about just best lubricating oil - now we can really start the debate
laugh.gif

The your assuming a BAD LUBRICATING OIL. Assuming an oil meets manufacturer specs-there isn't one.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
How about someone actually answer the OP's question....

Redline is ester based going (group V) they have a 0w20

Motul has some 100% synthetics.

Amsoil is not 100% synthetic....but I love it.

RLI is 100% biosynthetic and is also amazing

So are any of these Dexos licensed, since that was a big part of the original question.

Don't all "100%" synthetics require some GrpIII in order to be soluble with the additive package?

You're talking about the probably most reliable motor ever made. Put oil in it, run it, change every 5k miles, and it will go 300k to 500k miles no problem. Even with dino.

Pennzoil Platinum / Shell Helix Ultra are made from gas, but 'chemically' a Grp-III. That's about as synthetic as you get. they've got both Dexos-1 & 2 formulations.

Regards
Jordan.

P.S: No base oil is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back