Ravenol 5w30 REP vs VMS vs VMP

One of the few companies that give you the zinc levels of their oils.
Yep. I always liked Mobil1. I just think Castrol 0W40 and 0W30 are just bit better packages.
But rest of Mobil1 line up is IMO more robust than anything coming from Castrol or Pennzoil. Also, they have wider selection of oils. 15W50 for some track days? Yep. You want full racing? Yp. And we will even show you how much Zinc each oil has that we recommend for track, whether those are street oils or strictly racing oils.

It does make a big difference for the people that own engines that really need the zinc levels. Other than a VOA I don't know of any other way to get the info do you? I assume numbers from a UOA are only detecting the depleted amount?

It does make a big difference for the people that own engines that really need the zinc levels. Other than a VOA I don't know of any other way to get the info do you? I assume numbers from a UOA are only detecting the depleted amount?
Yeah, if one has flat tappet engine or need track oil, it is very useful.
Really do not know except VOA or anecdotal evidence like Valvoline VR1 which is it seems one of favorite oils for owners of flat tappet engines. Or if company claims higher zinc levels.

Red Line publishes minimum zinc levels for its racing oils but not anything else it seems. What is the LL-01 minimum zinc specification?

Well, after a short break and further reading, I think it's best to consolidate oils for my 2 diesels. There doesn't seem to be a big enough performance difference in the various brands of oil we've discussed to justify paying more for Ravenol vs just using either M1 ESP or PP Euro L, which are currently in use. I prefer to buy locally available oil, which PP Euro L is, and to be able to take my old oil back for recycling.

I appreciate everyone's input and time, you did help me decide.

View attachment 25362
Ravenol has never used WS2, it uses organic tungsten,
CAS: 1159919-46-6
name: Amines, bis(C11-14-branched and linear alkyl), tungstates
Can you fetch safety product sheets for VSE, EHS, DFE, EFS, and EcoSynth ECS 0w20 grade oils from Ravenol? Only found 1 for the EcoSynth ECS 0w20 and it says molybdenum only https://cdn.autodoc.de/uploads/hazard/passports/8211284-en-1.pdf
I want a 0w20 oil with organic alkyl tungsten/wolfram like the one you posted Ravenol DXG 5W-30.

Back