ramps under $50...seeking recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the HF ramps. The heaviest vehicle on them is my friend's 2015 Jeep GC with the turbo V6.
No problem...

The jack stand backup tip is a good one. Thanks Leo99.

I just finally got to check out a set of race ramps. Those are nice and perfect for what I need. I have a set of rhinos but my shop floor is so smooth that they usually slip as I'm driving on them.

wow...that was fast! thanks all for the feedback...

I lack carpentry skills, power tools, and materials to build wooden risers; unfortunately my $50 budget is pretty firm (too much debt); guess I'll do some research into the harbor freight & rhino ramps before making a final decision...

By the time you buy the lumber, screws, etc you could get close to $40 in material anyway. Best case, you have the lumber yard cut the pieces to the lengths you need and then take them home and screw 'em together. On the other hand, $40 for the Rhino ramps at Walmart or $45 for HF's ramps (can probably find a coupon for 10-20% too) will be just fine.

Fortunately my ramps were made from secondary lumber and I have a generous collection of screws collected over the years.

I'm making a second pair of ramps from an old deck that was demolished at my home. Some of the wood was rotted but not all.

Originally Posted by Traction
If wood ramps are so GREAT, I'm surprised they are not sold on Amazon.

The weight makes shipping too expensive. How much would you pay to ship 75lbs of wood that was approx 36" or more in length?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by discountdon
HF or Rhino ramps...

They don't lift much - ONLY 6.0" - 6.5" INCHES!

I would like an extra 2 or 4 inches, manufacturers also should include wheels chocks in the set.

Race Ramps are 8". Also wider which is nice.

Love 'em, especially the 2 piece type.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Sayjac
Just to update this thread, b&m PepBoys currently has the 16k Max ramps 35% off, 35.74. Lowest I've seen in a long time, lower than 12k normal price. I've owned them several years, like them quite a bit. Also 12k are $32.49.

Rhino Ramps MAX 16k

Rhino Ramps 12k

That is a great price for the 16,000 lb ramps. As much as I don't need them I might buy 2 sets. They're a nice upgrade from the 12K ramps I have.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Just to update this thread, b&m PepBoys currently has the 16k Max ramps 35% off, 35.74. Lowest I've seen in a long time, lower than 12k normal price. I've owned them several years, like them quite a bit. Also 12k are $32.49.

Rhino Ramps MAX 16k

Rhino Ramps 12k

Wow. I have the HF ramps. This is a great deal. Thanks!

Yep, agree with both of you. Excellent price for the MAX ramps. Mine still like new but thinking about a set as Christmas gift to family member that I change oil for occasionally. That way I don't have truck mine there. Seems like a good excuse to buy another set.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back