"Racing" Oils for Autox/Road Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kyoo
Originally Posted By: 09_GXP
No racing oil is meant to be ran out to 3k miles. They have very little TBN to combat acidic byproducts. I run Redline 30wt and from talking with Dave, their lead chemist, he recommends not running longer than 8-10 hours or 3 months.

ahh ok. acidic byproducts then, happen regardless of usage (highway/light miles). so there will be buildup and these oils don't have the TBN to combat that buildup. acidic buildup then leads to corrosion. straightforward enough, i suppose. guess you can't have the best of both worlds.

aside from very high zddp, i was hoping to find oils that combat aeration as well.

may still do a 3mo uoa of this, 3mo uoa of dominator, and see what comes up.

You should add Motul 300V to your mix of testing. In my experience, it will live longer on the street, and perform very similarly to Redline
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Originally Posted By: kyoo
No racing oil is meant to be ran out to 3k miles. They have very little TBN to combat acidic byproducts. I run Redline 30wt and from talking with Dave, their lead chemist, he recommends not running longer than 8-10 hours or 3 months.

ahh ok. acidic byproducts then, happen regardless of usage (highway/light miles). so there will be buildup and these oils don't have the TBN to combat that buildup. acidic buildup then leads to corrosion. straightforward enough, i suppose. guess you can't have the best of both worlds.

aside from very high zddp, i was hoping to find oils that combat aeration as well.

may still do a 3mo uoa of this, 3mo uoa of dominator, and see what comes up.

You should add Motul 300V to your mix of testing. In my experience, it will live longer on the street, and perform very similarly to Redline
smile.gif

i was looking at it, but the variations confuse me - is it a motorcyle oil? a racing oil? a street oil?

They have all those. But I'd focus on 300V for motorsports: Link 300V

Pick the viscosity you want to use and go ...
smile.gif

The motorcycle line is similar - likely same base stocks, but the add pack differs for wet clutches ...

Last edited:

i'm going to run their 30wt for a track day to see how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back