Quickjack

They are too heavy to do simple stuff like oil changes (I use ramps). I would not recommend it to someone that does not work on suspension etc.
If you leave them in the middle of your bay in the garage you just have to slide each one outwards a foot to reach your jacking points. Sliding them fore-and-aft is an ergonomic mess-- it's easier to roll the car forward instead.

But, all that sliding wears the paint on the underneath surface. Interesting how they don't have a surface that isn't painted steel under there.

If you leave them in the middle of your bay in the garage you just have to slide each one outwards a foot to reach your jacking points. Sliding them fore-and-aft is an ergonomic mess-- it's easier to roll the car forward instead.

But, all that sliding wears the paint on the underneath surface. Interesting how they don't have a surface that isn't painted steel under there.
Ah I know that. But, leaving them like that means 3 1/2 and 6 year old falling over them, stepping on hoses etc. Not to mention that I do have 3 cars in 3 car garage.

My Quick Jack 7000TL sure makes exhaust work easier. Plus O2 sensor, AT pan filter and seal, fuel filter, fuel tank hose, brake lines, brakes, etc.

Four 6 ton jack stands just in case.

Attachments

• ACE67D28-EEEF-4543-BD6B-9035940B1BE5.jpeg
    ACE67D28-EEEF-4543-BD6B-9035940B1BE5.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 55
  • C23FBFED-894C-49E4-AEA2-5806107D3A38.jpeg
    C23FBFED-894C-49E4-AEA2-5806107D3A38.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 55
Please use jack stands. I use four 6 ton stands on my mine. They raise to the max height perfectly.
Is it possible to get away with only 2 jack stands (looks to me like putting one each side at the front would make it fairly fail safe, were the mechanical locks to fail)? I'm intrigued by this device - first I've heard of it. Where have I been, LOL!

Last edited:
Is it possible to get away with only 2 jack stands (looks to me like putting one each side at the front would make it fairly fail safe, were the mechanical locks to fail)? I'm intrigued by this device - first I've heard of it. Where have I been, LOL!
Two is better than none. But four is better, than two, IMO.

It’s your life. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Not my favorite style of lift (doesn't lift high enough for my uses) but it serves a purpose for low garage heights and for limited DIY type of work. With that they are a quality unit and I even kicked the idea of getting one in the shop to supplement my 2 post lifts.

You can buy the smaller one and get the extensions, which is what I did so I could lift my Camaros and my truck. I also got the pinch weld blocks and the truck supports, which are much taller than the regular blocks that come with it. I've used mine a ton since I bought them about 4 years ago and I love them, so much faster than using a jack and stands. They are a bit heavy but slide easily on my garage floor as it is nice and smooth. Wish I could have bought a 2 or 4 point lift but unfortunately the way my garage ceiling is setup I can't really put one of those in without major modifications of the ceiling. Quickjack is the next best thing and the cost is definitely reasonable if you get them on sale. I bought mine from Home Depot for black friday and they were over 50% off for everything..

Back