Quickjack

Based on the vehicles in my signature, which one will be best for all of them, and will I need to buy anything extra? Mainly concerned with them being to fit under the low sitting cars.

Last edited:
You should really look at the jacking locations and weights of each to make a decision. I’d guess the Range Rover is going to be the driver on weight, but some of the cars will have harder lift points to protect.

For the issue of low cars, the quickjack isn’t very high when folded flat. I’d suspect that your best bet would be to just make some 2x12” lumber roll up “ramps” and then the tires are 1.5” higher and you should have no issues…

Goes under my 328 with no problem!
B8FB02EE-50B9-4421-A5A7-FF9C77AA0039.jpeg

Measure the distance between front and rear lift points on all your cars.

Measure the distance between the front and rear tires on all your cars.

My Quickjack 7000XL works to fit the long distance between front and rear lift points on the S600, on every Volvo, and on the Tundra frame (for which I added big wood blocks since it‘s so far off the ground).

But it’s 4” too long to fit between the wheels on the SL600.

You may find that one QJ may fit most of your cars, but not all.

The QJ in post #3 maintaining a parallelogram shape (not an upright, stabilized rectangle) is unsettling to me.

The bar at the back slides into place but it wobbles around too much for my liking compared to traditional jack stands. Would not recommend for big work like engine swaps but makes other things like tire rotations and brake jobs faster.

My QJ works well and is stable.

I do not go under the car without 4 jack stands placed underneath the QJ.

6 ton stands extend to within .5” at the top height.

Based on the vehicles in my signature, which one will be best for all of them, and will I need to buy anything extra? Mainly concerned with them being to fit under the low sitting cars.
LOL..You have 8 cars which you can measure the min-max yourself and you expect use to know which will fix?

BTw..you'll probably have to buy SUV/Truck extenders.

Curious to know where do you place the jack stands when the jack points are occupied by the QJ.
The jack stands go under the platform in the event the QJ fails.

The is recommended in the QJ manual.

I would never get under a car without multiple, redundant supports.

Attachments

• EC36F941-46EA-4B24-A410-40ED794A78F0.jpeg
    EC36F941-46EA-4B24-A410-40ED794A78F0.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 1C368129-43CE-4D5B-8F6D-4EEBDFFF5437.jpeg
    1C368129-43CE-4D5B-8F6D-4EEBDFFF5437.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Not sure what wobbling you talking about. Rock solid!

Indeed. Although it was a friend's QJ and I've never used one since so maybe it was just his specifically? Probably didn't help that we were trying to get the motor and trans out.

I'd still want one, although I don't have an air compressor. I don't think there's a single person on this forum that has one and has anything bad to say about their QJ.

Indeed. Although it was a friend's QJ and I've never used one since so maybe it was just his specifically? Probably didn't help that we were trying to get the motor and trans out.

I'd still want one, although I don't have an air compressor. I don't think there's a single person on this forum that has one and has anything bad to say about their QJ.
What do you need an air compressor for? The hydraulic compressor comes with it.
When it comes to wobbling, was the surface flat? Also, what is super, uber important is to push any air out from hydraulic lines so both sides rais the same.

They are too heavy to do simple stuff like oil changes (I use ramps). I would not recommend it to someone that does not work on suspension etc.

What do you need an air compressor for? The hydraulic compressor comes with it.
When it comes to wobbling, was the surface flat? Also, what is super, uber important is to push any air out from hydraulic lines so both sides rais the same.

They are too heavy to do simple stuff like oil changes (I use ramps). I would not recommend it to someone that does not work on suspension etc.

Oh, I didn't realize that, I saw my friend's was hooked up to something but I didn't bother checking so I assumed they hooked up to something that I didn't have.

Back