Question about metal in rear differential

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with Amsoil 75W-110 as a replacement for 75W-90. Pablo posted a few years ago that when the J306 tables were updated that 75W-110 has the viscosity the upper end specification of 75W-90 used to have. Amsoil Severe Gear is arguably the best gear oil on the market and can go 100K miles even with towing. My old 2010 FX4 could have, I UOA'ed it with nearly 80K on it and it was fine.

I run 75w110 Severe Gear in my Sierra rear diff.
I tow a camper, so if definitely see's heavy loads.
75w90 was factory fill so it's not hurting anything.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I would go with Amsoil 75W-110 as a replacement for 75W-90. Pablo posted a few years ago that when the J306 tables were updated that 75W-110 has the viscosity the upper end specification of 75W-90 used to have...

thumbsup2.gif

I exclusively use GL-5 75W110 differential lubricants in all three of my vehicles.

You can find Valvoline syn 75w-140 in about any auto parts place here for 12 bux a quart. But with a little planning you could have amsoil or redline for a bit more shipped to your door. Not that there is anything wrong with the Valvoline

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Redline 75W-110 is another option

I've been considering a run of Redline 5w30, so because I need to order it online I might as well grab up the Redline gear oil. I'm assuming it's ester based as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back