Quarts vs Jugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy 5 qt jugs, qts if they are on clearance, it is no big deal adding oil from 5 qt jug with the clear level markers on the 5 qt jugs.

Nothing.
I buy clearance quarts to have on hand for adds mostly, but for fills the jugs work well and also give you a container in which to pour the drain oil.
I have some clearance or otherwise cheap quarts I also use for fills, but I do prefer jugs for this.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
How much more are you willing to pay to purchase oil in quarts versus 1-gal or 5-qt jugs?

Obviously the price difference at WM between quarts and jugs is astronomical, but if the price difference was less, would you consider paying more for quarts?

Zero. If it's the same oil, no need to have 12 quarts around at a higher price when you can have 3 gallons.

I almost always buy in jugs, but that's just because it is usually cheaper. I tend to like quarts because it is easier to put the amount in the engine that is listed in the manual. At least to me. Still, I'll buy in quarts because it is cheaper. I wouldn't pay a premium for quarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back