Quaker State Euro Synthetic 5w-40 $18 for one gallon jug with free shipping (but must pay sales tax)

I received my 2 5qt bottles today. Absolutely no packaging, Bare bottles shipped to my door.
Funny thing is there was zero damage from shipping without a box. Looks sealed, I'll open one in the morning to see if it looks ok.
Great to hear it was legit & you got what you paid for. Excellent deal! What do you plan to put it in?

Mine has not yet shipped. I contacted the seller over the weekend and they said it should ship today. No sign of shipping yet, so I messaged them again. From the grammar in the message I think they are foreign. I have seen QS oil sold on the bay coming from China. . . Who knows the origin of this. May be good to do a VOA.

Since y'all are asking what this would go into. . . I use this oil in my 2003 Maxima. Seems to work well. Have not done an UOA with it, but I'm sure it is fine as I need to top it up often due to consumption, and keep OCI to 6k. This engine really likes M1 0w40, Castrol 0w30/40, and at one point I ran PP Euro 0w40 as well with good results. This oil is very similar, if not the same, as the PP 5w40 so I run it as the budget option for this old engine (220k miles and counting, with regular spirited driving, and hard accelerations (think redlining))

probably flipping it? found it in a storage? bought for nothing through a garage sale? sound more likely then stolen. Assumptions of stolen goods without proof sounds foolish, no?

and if we can determine stolen, then yes we shouldn't be buying it, but exactly how are we going to determine that?

It isn't about being naive, its about innocent until proven guilty (or proof)
It fell off of the back of a truck

I received my 2 5qt bottles today. Absolutely no packaging, Bare bottles shipped to my door.
Funny thing is there was zero damage from shipping without a box. Looks sealed, I'll open one in the morning to see if it looks ok.
Received 2 of the 4 yesterday. Both packed one to a box, lots of kraft paper inside, jug in a thick clear zip bag, with tape across the cap to prevent leaks. Sealed in fresh Walmart boxes with Walmart paper tape, no sign of a repack in a Walmart box. Cap seal was unbroken. My last order of Castrol from Walmart came exactly the same way.
Mine had a Walmart shipping label on both jugs.
So did mine. Return address was Walmart in Greenfield, IN, but shipped out of Tulsa, OK, according to tracking history. Seems this is a Walmart distributed item that has some sort of ties with the eBay seller or vice versa. I will use with confidence.

This is a bit weird. Either someone took the opportunity to buy at a crazy deal, and now resell, or something fishy here. . .
At least we know the product is genuine. I too have ordered and received fluids from Walmart and they arrive the same way.

The ebayer probably drop shipped them somehow via walmart. Not exactly creative and probably some arbitrage going on, miniscule amounts.

I hear ya, but as a buyer, you have complete buyer protection from eBay, so the risk is quite low, other than having to file a claim.
I am an active seller and buy on eBay for the past 23 years, and eBay always defers to the buyer in disputes.

"eBay Money Back Guarantee covers most transactions on eBay. It means buyers can get their money back if an item didn't arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn't match the listing."

eBay Money Back Guarantee​

Get the item you ordered or your money​

back—it’s that simple.​

It’s automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*
and there’s no extra fee for coverage. Follow these steps to get your refund.
icon1.png

Contact Your Seller​

If an item hasn’t arrived or isn’t as
described, go to My eBay, select the
item in your purchase history, and
reach out to your seller.
icon2.png

Not resolved? Let us know.​

If you’ve talked to your seller and the
issue still isn’t resolved after three
business days, contact us.
icon3.png

We’ll get your money back. Fast.​

You can count on hearing from us within
48 hours.

Someone is snagging it...there was five jugs and only one left now.
With oil, how does one know what they're getting? How and when would a claim be filed? It would seem that a VOA would be needed to determine if the oil is genuine, if it could be determined at all.

With oil, how does one know what they're getting? How and when would a claim be filed? It would seem that a VOA would be needed to determine if the oil is genuine, if it could be determined at all.
eBay's purchase guarantee is not nearly that stringent...basically the buyer always has the upper hand. If you believe the product was misrepresented, you get your money back. If the seller wants the product back, they pay for return shipping. Either way, you are made whole. There are only a few product catagories with exceptions to this rule...like cars, or jewelry or watches. They have other safe guards used for those products.

Farming feedback on a new account. Losing money, but guaranteed good feedback on items for low price.
Not usually how it is done. Instead, they will usually make hundreds of small, less than one dollar purchases for crap from China. Not sell products as a "loss leader". Did you actually read this seller's feedback? I did (before posting the eBay link) and there were lots of positive comments, including where the buyer claimed the seller replaced product that was misdelivered or lost in transit.

Example: "Great seller! Replaced my order after the mailman put in the wrong box and the person who received it never returned it to me. Was a nice surprise. Was not expecting that. It was not the seller fault. Thank you very much!"

I noticed the seller has recently raised his price to $25...which is above market...there are other sellers at less than $22. In fact today, he appears to have pulled all his listings down. Mystery grows...

The ebayer probably drop shipped them somehow via walmart. Not exactly creative and probably some arbitrage going on, miniscule amounts.
Someone posted that was the case with some other eBay sellers of 5 quart jugs of motor oil. The seller is jumping on a current close out or deal on Amazon or WalMart and then fulfills orders through them and has them dropped shipped. Apparently some people do this on hundreds of items and like you said, make a few dollars off of each transaction, never physically touching the product.

Received dropped shipped from Walmart. Probably got a deal on 'em with a gift card and filled orders via eBay to get the $ out
How did you get it? I live in an apartment complex with the common mail boxes, but this said delivered to the door and it was not at the door. And that is weird because they could have left it in the parcel lockers as they do with other bigger items.
Wondering how it was packed or what happened. I have opened a claim with USPS for this.

How did you get it? I live in an apartment complex with the common mail boxes, but this said delivered to the door and it was not at the door. And that is weird because they could have left it in the parcel lockers as they do with other bigger items.
Wondering how it was packed or what happened. I have opened a claim with USPS for this.
Blue Walmart box left on my porch

Quaker State Euro A3/B4 5W-40 is one of the hidden gems - with it's ACEA A3/B4 rating, and HTHS >= 3.5, and very low price of about $21 at Walmart and $18 on Ebay as you've found. I prefer not to think of this oil as a 40 weight oil, but instead as a HTHS >= 3.5 oil.

Back