Quaker State Euro Synthetic 5w-40 $18 for one gallon jug with free shipping (but must pay sales tax)

f355spider

$50 Site Donor 2024
Quaker State Euro Synthetic 5w-40 $18 for one gallon jug with free shipping (but must pay sales tax)

Seller is based in NJ and has 100% positive feedback

Seller is based in NJ and has 100% positive feedback
Where did this oil come from, if you smell what I'm cookin'?

Where did this oil come from, if you smell what I'm cookin'?
I hear ya, but as a buyer, you have complete buyer protection from eBay, so the risk is quite low, other than having to file a claim.
I am an active seller and buy on eBay for the past 23 years, and eBay always defers to the buyer in disputes.

"eBay Money Back Guarantee covers most transactions on eBay. It means buyers can get their money back if an item didn't arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn't match the listing."

eBay Money Back Guarantee​

Get the item you ordered or your money
back—it’s that simple.​

It’s automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*
and there’s no extra fee for coverage. Follow these steps to get your refund.
icon1.png

Contact Your Seller​

If an item hasn’t arrived or isn’t as
described, go to My eBay, select the
item in your purchase history, and
reach out to your seller.
icon2.png

Not resolved? Let us know.​

If you’ve talked to your seller and the
issue still isn’t resolved after three
business days, contact us.
icon3.png

We’ll get your money back. Fast.​

You can count on hearing from us within
48 hours.

Someone is snagging it...there was five jugs and only one left now.

Last edited:
looks legit.. but not very established w/only 25 feedbacks. Great price if it works out!
They have only been a seller since October 2023, so four months. But all positives, I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't believe it was legit and the risk was low.

I also use Fakespot Guard on google chrome and they say the listing is "Seller Approved"

Seller Approved

This seller is Approved by Fakespot Guard, because:
  • This seller has a high seller rating.
  • This seller has a return policy.

Last edited:
placed an order. Will see how it goes. eBay and Paypal are on the hook if something is wrong.
I am using this oil for my 03 Maxima, and have at least one jug here so I can compare when this one comes in next week

They have only been a seller since October 2023, so four months. But all positives, I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't believe it was legit and the risk was low.

I also use Fakespot Guard on google chrome and they say the listing is "Seller Approved"

Seller Approved

This seller is Approved by Fakespot Guard, because:
  • This seller has a high seller rating.
  • This seller has a return policy.
Yes, I agree with you. Great deal on that oil for sure!

Seller has relisted the offer:

7 each available, 2 already sold

Walmart had this on clearance not that long ago, seller could have been selling off a stash. Some people here were scoring jugs at 5 bucks.

I got 8 or 9 OCIs worth I’m still going through but my average price came out to about 11 bucks a jug.

The seller is going to take a deep bath on shipping.

Probably reselling stolen goods from somewhere.

Ebay- pass.
No idea if that is the case, but all the comments concern buyer protection and the seller's rating. If the goods are legitimate, how are they selling so low. If they are stolen, are folks okay with that?

No idea if that is the case, but all the comments concern buyer protection and the seller's rating. If the goods are legitimate, how are they selling so low. If they are stolen, are folks okay with that?
probably flipping it? found it in a storage? bought for nothing through a garage sale? sound more likely then stolen. Assumptions of stolen goods without proof sounds foolish, no?

and if we can determine stolen, then yes we shouldn't be buying it, but exactly how are we going to determine that?

It isn't about being naive, its about innocent until proven guilty (or proof)

The seller probably legitimately purchased these at a deep discount and is turning them at a profit. Seems the seller only had a total of 12 so is very plausible. Looks like he/she has other oils and items that would be consistent with this kind of practice which I'm sure like 90% of eBay sellers do as well. Not many risk the protection policies that eBay have in place with illegitimate products/sales, but caveat emptor. I bought 4 ;).

I'm not okay with stolen goods and would never buy known stolen property. I think it is misplaced to assume it must be stolen.
But you should do whatever keeps you with a clear conscience. If that requires you to have a seller prove provenance of their goods, so be it.

One can have a clear conscience buying from this seller.
The ones we should avoid are known, obvious thieves. If someone decides to sell at cost or even engage in eating the shipping costs, that's their business.

BTW.... I am currently selling oil at my cost. But mine's pickup-only, inside Southeast Michigan.
Another BTW.... our Kia did not like the QS Euro 5w40. Engine was louder running it (summertime). That oil made me search @ Amsoil.com and buy four OCIs worth.

Hopefully I'm not giving any remaining Amsoil away this Fall. Verdict is still questionable using it. Kia is still louder than what it used to be, using Valvoline EP / Advanced.
HPL is on my radar for that loud Kia. I'm not going back to using Saudi Oil.

Last edited:
Back