Q about Bialetti Coffee (Expresso?) Pot

Fla

I picked up one of these at a garage sale and I've never seen such a small coffee pot! I wasn't even sure of what it was until I found it on the internet. It must hold all of about 2 ounces of water! Does anyone have experience with them and any advice? Mine looks like the one on their webpage but is round instead of octagon. Bialetti

Makes coffee somewhere between espresso and regular coffee. Bunch of YouTube videos on how to use it properly. It can be a bit finicky to get the hang of it but it makes excellent coffee.

That's how italians make they espressos on the stove-top.
There are different sizes according to the nbr of cups (small) you want to make.
Most are 2-4 cups. Still the best & most cost effective machine around.;)

Those things make an awful cup of coffee even from the best beans. Try it once for the novelty then pass it on.

I bought one once for a picnic so we could have something close to espresso. It was OK. I got the large 8 cup version though. We heated it on a two-burner camp stove.

I remember in the movie Green Card, Gerard Depardieu pulled out something similar when he saw the coffee that his "wife" was drinking.

The link in your original post has all the info you need, including a video with step by step instructions. Buy real espresso (Kimbo or Lavazza) in small batches, 250g max. Enjoy the original espresso! 🇮🇹 There's no x in espresso @Fla .

Last edited:
I picked up one of these at a garage sale and I've never seen such a small coffee pot! I wasn't even sure of what it was until I found it on the internet. It must hold all of about 2 ounces of water! Does anyone have experience with them and any advice? Mine looks like the one on their webpage but is round instead of octagon. Bialetti

It's all I use to make coffee. 6 cups make a regular cup of coffee. But don't go full strenght on the grinds as it would be like drinking 6 espressos. Made my heart jump a few beats first time I did that (not joking).

There's no x in espresso @Fla .

:giggle: That shows how much I know about coffee. I was raised on the swill that the US dot MIL served and that the US grocery stores carried in the 1950s and 1960s. It was an eye opening experience when I went overseas and tried their coffee and found that not all coffee tasted like burnt paper and I found that I actually liked it.

It’s a moka pot, how Italians make espresso at home without a machine. You’ll need to grind beans differently than an espresso grind.

Back