Put the NGK in the Predator..

I put an NGK G-Power platinum into a HF Predator engine. Starts right up and growls like a lion. On a Chinese Subaru used for a pressure washer, swapped out the Torch for a NGK BR6HS. Same deal.

Gotta love the old classic Champion RJ19LM's! Never had an issue with one in any of my equipment that has used one.
I have a 2005/6 Troy-Bilt power washer with the flat head Briggs 4.5 HP engine. With that Champion plug, it starts on the 2nd pull and runs really good, considering it runs from no load to full load in a split second with a low power engine and a slightly larger replacement pump.

Id say its placebo. Spark plugs are not going to make a noticable difference. I remember when those Crossfire and Splitfire spark plugs were all the rage. They were never anything but a marketing ploy.
Having owned many motorcycles with plug issues at one time or other I will only run NGK. Even they sometimes go bad but much less likely.

Having owned many motorcycles with plug issues at one time or other I will only run NGK. Even they sometimes go bad but much less likely.
Ive owned many snowmobiles that specified NGKs. I also remember when Polaris made the switch over from recommending NGKs to recommending Champions and everyone freaked out about it. Ive never noticed much difference from one to the other and as long as you use something that is of a compatible heat range, its not going to matter.

I have 2 predator engines that start first pull with torch, one has about 500 hours on it. I pulled that plug, it looks practically new. So it must be quality control

Rod

I have 2 predator engines that start first pull with torch, one has about 500 hours on it. I pulled that plug, it looks practically new. So it must be quality control

Rod
Must be. I have a HF chipper shredder with the Predator 212. Last season (new) it was a bear to start and slowed down on bigger branches. Today, after sitting idle for 18 months, but with the stock plug replaced by an NGK BP-6ES, it started on first pull and chewed through everything.

Ive owned many snowmobiles that specified NGKs. I also remember when Polaris made the switch over from recommending NGKs to recommending Champions and everyone freaked out about it. Ive never noticed much difference from one to the other and as long as you use something that is of a compatible heat range, its not going to matter.
In my last 2 stroke sled, a '99 XC 700 a set of NGK iridium's went 6k miles with no issues, sold it with those plugs still in it. 2 strokes on the primer and it was a one or two pull starting motor even at -20 F .
They are worth the money.

Back