First snowblower re-power of the season

It was an 8hp, but these Predators have plenty of torque, noticeably more than the old 8hp flathead Tecumsehs.
I have heard people say they think their Preditor upgrade has more power than their 8 HP Tecumseh. My guess is the Tecumseh was runing around 3400 RPM and the Preditor at 3600RPM. Also with the larger main jet and air filter removed it more powerful than the factory set up in warm weather. Preditor now has a slightly larger displacement engine at 223CC that puts out about 2 more Ft Lbs of torque. Consider that one for an 8 HP swap.

I have heard people say they think their Preditor upgrade has more power than their 8 HP Tecumseh. My guess is the Tecumseh was runing around 3400 RPM and the Preditor at 3600RPM. Also with the larger main jet and air filter removed it more powerful than the factory set up in warm weather. Preditor now has a slightly larger displacement engine at 223CC that puts out about 2 more Ft Lbs of torque. Consider that one for an 8 HP swap.
The Predators do run at a higher RPM out of the box, but the OHV design vs the flathead also has more torque. I like the old Tecumsehs for nostalgia reasons, but they run really rich, so much that your clothes smell after using them, and they just don't run as efficiently.

Back