Pushing a truck to 520,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cronk
Wow, one of the worlds largest oil companies finally made an oil that lasts 20k or 1 year.
Seems like a little company from Wisconsin might have beat them to the punch by a few decades.
27.gif

Mobil 1 had a 5w20 in 1974 that was good for 1yr.

There was a test a while back where Mobil ran M1 for 25,000 miles at 3k rpms and intentionally ran the sump one quart low. That was a nice test.

Yeah, instead let’s watch a Pennzoil Challenger conduct another smoke the tire test …

I don't know of another oil brand/company that puts their oil through as many quality simulation tests to be honest. The people that usually complain about them are probably dealers for another brand or just don't like XOM and that's fine. I know there are other brands that could do the same, but they don't.

Multiple simulation testing. I couldn't find the one test that I thought was most impressive. They ran M1 5w30 for 25,000 mile drain intervals in a V6, intentionally one quart low at a high rpm. That type of test was demonstrating wear, engine cleanliness and oxidation resistance. I think what you're paying for with AP vs EP is a stronger base oil blend and AO's.

EP 0w20 210,000

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
No comment about the guy who drove his Suburban to 900,000 miles on Conklin oil. Interesting.

What drain intervals?

Originally Posted By: buster
What drain intervals?

He doesn't say, but he said he's been using Conklin oil in his Suburban ever since he's had 2 miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back