Purolator Red Can longevity

Can the Purolator red oil filter do a 6K oil change interval?It’s rated for 5k.Thank you
Purolator seems to be problematic on these forums with torn filter media. I certainly would not intentionally run any filter past what it is rated for, especially a Purolator.

It's been done many times before especially highway miles that aren't severe service.
Purolator woes sort of disappeared lately because everyone else has now built down to their standard. 😊

10k miles per website:

Even if the can says 5k miles, it wouldn't bother me to run it out to 6k miles.

10k miles per website:

Even if the can says 5k miles, it wouldn't bother me to run it out to 6k miles.
I am still seeing listings at 5k so his may be that. The puro one was 10k...
I guess it depends how old your filter is... I do see 10 k listed as well for the red.

If the specific filter has a silicone ADBV, yes I would run it to 10k. Otherwise, I would stick to 5k with a nitrile ADBV.

It's better to get a filter with some steel wire or nylon mesh backing for the filter media. If you like Purolator, get the Boss.

Purolator seems to be problematic on these forums with torn filter media. I certainly would not intentionally run any filter past what it is rated for, especially a Purolator.
I keep reading this but, have there actually been any documented cases of filter media tear on purolator one filters in the last 3 years?

Back