Purolator now in Tractor Supply stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
All MC filters made after Jan 2017 pass USCAR-36 specs too, don't see that advertised for others. I always used FL400s on two fords. Hard to beat the value and quality.

Last time I was Walmart I looked at 15~20 Motorcraft filter boxes and did not see any reference to USCAR-36. All the filters inside the boxes had Jan or Feb 2018 date codes. Boxes had old copyright date. Guess they have tons of old boxes to use up. Need to check their website to see if they reference USCAR-36 or not.

No, the video is right on this site where they circle the date where all filters are tested to USCAR-36. It doesn't have to say it on the box.

Go watch the video again, and note what the box says at time 58 seconds.

Like said before, I did not see that USCAR-36 text of any kind on the boxes I looked at, even though the filters in the boxes were made only 2~3 months ago.

Wow, I can't believe what a hissing argument this thread turned out to be! If you run Purolator, that's great, if you run Fram, that's great, no need to rip each other's throats out over the subject! It's your money and your car, at the end of the day, it only matters to you.

All MC filters made after Jan 2017 pass USCAR-36 specs too, don't see that advertised for others. I always used FL400s on two fords. Hard to beat the value and quality.

Last time I was Walmart I looked at 15~20 Motorcraft filter boxes and did not see any reference to USCAR-36. All the filters inside the boxes had Jan or Feb 2018 date codes. Boxes had old copyright date. Guess they have tons of old boxes to use up. Need to check their website to see if they reference USCAR-36 or not.

No, the video is right on this site where they circle the date where all filters are tested to USCAR-36. It doesn't have to say it on the box.

Like said before, I did not see that USCAR-36 text of any kind on the boxes I looked at, even though the filters in the boxes were made only 2~3 months ago.

Doesn't matter, throw the boxes away. The factory video says after 01/17 all MC meet USCAR.

Doesn't matter, throw the boxes away. The factory video says after 01/17 all MC meet USCAR.

Ford must be lame and doesn't want to print new boxes, even though the video clearly shows it on the box on whatever model was in the video. Guess consumers are supposed to rely on YoueTube now for "official" spec info.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back