Purolator Boss ADBV Damage Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very funny thread. The teeth from the two piece base plate shown, down in the holes, are too far in and don't cut anything. The first pics of assembled bases are from the Purolater design that has NEVER shown a cut adbv. At least get the right pics to match the cut valves.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

• Stop stealing my pictures

Convenient how you failed to also steal my post where I said it is basically impossible for the baseplate to cut the ADBV on those 14610 series filters.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Convenient how you failed to also steal my post where I said it is basically impossible for the baseplate to cut the ADBV on those 14610 series filters.

The circular cuts in the ADBV are the same radius as the baseplate holes. How obvious do you want it to be ?

And as far as the pictures, I didn't even bother to see who posted what; I just copy/pasted the pictures and threw this thread together as fast as I could.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

The circular cuts in the ADBV are the same radius as the baseplate holes. How obvious do you want it to be ?

And as far as the pictures, I didn’t even bother to see who posted what; I just copy/pasted the pictures and threw this thread together as fast as I could.

I told you last time you cross posted my pictures that I didn’t appreciate it, I now don’t appreciate you using them out of the context of the thread they were in and misrepresenting what they show.

If you had held that base plate and ADBV in your hand (like I did when I bought the filter and cut it open for the board) you’d know just how clueless you are.

^^^^Was thinking the same about baseplate and subsequent adbvs pics being out of context and cross posting of 14610 but wasn't going to reply here. Glad you did though.

The red arrows point to sharp hole edges on the ADBV side of the base plate. It's not the "shark teeth" down inside the hole that does the damage. Depending on the shape of the base plate and the location of the holes, those edges can cut into the ADBV as seen by posted photos of half moon cuts in ADBVs.

Saw this at Meijer last weekend. Left it out so people would hopefully not purchase it.

Apologies for the size and orientation. Uploaded from phone.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Close up of photo above. Looks like the ADBV is twisted and out of place, hard to tell.

Blows my mind that anyone who spends time on BITOG opts for Purolator anything, yet, they are out there. Most of them bash Fram too for those dreaded fiber endcaps! Lmao

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The red arrows point to sharp hole edges on the ADBV side of the base plate. It's not the "shark teeth" down inside the hole that does the damage. Depending on the shape of the base plate and the location of the holes, those edges can cut into the ADBV as seen by posted photos of half moon cuts in ADBVs.

That may be true of some models, probably is in fact, but it is impossible on that particular baseplate design - it has been discussed at length.

I’ve got a couple filters to cut apart, but since you people are incapable of crediting photos to the owners and think it is OK to edit one without credit or permission I will certainly think twice before posting them.

I told you last time you cross posted my pictures that I didn’t appreciate it, I now don’t appreciate you using them out of the context of the thread they were in and misrepresenting what they show.

If you had held that base plate and ADBV in your hand (like I did when I bought the filter and cut it open for the board) you’d know just how clueless you are.

I got news for you DuckRyder -- if you post a picture on the internet, it's not yours anymore !
laugh.gif

Another puro fail... my goodness. I'm late to this party since I don't watch bitog nearly as closely as I used to.

Anyone that would run a filter in their engine, that has the potential to slice and dice the ADBV, is a mystery to me.

That may be true of some models, probably is in fact, but it is impossible on that particular baseplate design - it has been discussed at length.

I’ve got a couple filters to cut apart, but since you people are incapable of crediting photos to the owners and think it is OK to edit one without credit or permission I will certainly think twice before posting them.

That's why I said "Depending on the shape of the base plate and the location of the holes, those edges can cut into the ADBV". Some people where saying it's impossible for the sharp "shark teeth" like protrusions to cut the ABDV (which is true), but it's the top of the hole on the ADBV side that does the cutting as I pointed out.

NOTICE - I give DuckRyder full credit for the original photo.

If a photo is not copyrighted, then it's fair game as said earlier. If I post photos here that I have taken, I give full permission for anyone to copy and use them as desired.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
NOTICE - I give DuckRyder full credit for the original photo.

If it really bothers him that much, I can ask a moderator to remove the photos -- jee.
grin2.gif

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with an alternate explanation for how the ADBV got cut. To me it's blatantly obvious.

a purolator cost me a engine a few years back when it failed dramatically i believe the filter number was L3001. i will use a fram before i use another purolator.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
a purolator cost me a engine a few years back when it failed dramatically i believe the filter number was L3001. i will use a fram before i use another purolator.

I bet some readers, including myself, would like to hear the details on what happened.

Yeah, we all know some filters are better than others but losing an engine? We need details. I stopped using purolator during their tear epidemic. I am good with proselects and golds occasionally. I have too much trouble paying for overpriced filters.

total blockage the metal tube in the center had no oil passage holes punched out. my local rebuild shop did a tear down and cut open the filter and found told me all about it. my factory pump was tested on the rebuilt engine and was found to be perfectly fine, afterwards i used stp filters till i sold the truck.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
total blockage the metal tube in the center had no oil passage holes punched out. my local rebuild shop did a tear down and cut open the filter and found told me all about it. my factory pump was tested on the rebuilt engine and was found to be perfectly fine, afterwards i used stp filters till i sold the truck.

Same concern should be heeded with nearly closed up louvers in center tubes. If the center tube flow is nearly choked completely off the filter should go into bypass, but some of the bypass valves in filters may not enable a large enough flow to totally protect an engine.

i didn't really have any idea till it was too late about 10 miles from work and the engine was getting more sluggish then it just stopped it didn't seize but it was tight.
it had a oil pressure warning light but come to find out it didn't work i would have kept the truck but 8 mpg was to much for my wallet at 3.79 per gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back