Protection for 40:1 2 cycle blower?

Srt 20 are you one of those kind of people that marketing doesn't work on them?

Marketing? What about word of mouth? I started using Trufuel and Stabil after reading about it here. FWIW Im a new homeowner (< 3 years) and just as new to maintaining OPE.

I don't see the need for mmo.. I use 89 or higher octane with synthetic or synthetic blend 2 cycle oil.. Which has a stabilizer in it.. However I fill my 2 stroke can from a larger can which is also treated with stabil or stp red bottle. Never had a problem.

No need for Marvel Mystery Oil in 2-stroke mix fuel. The 2-cycle oil already has oil in it!
Name brand 2-cycle oils typically have corrosion preventatives, cleaners and fuel stabilizers included also.

I buy 87 octane E10 gas, pump it into a 5 gallon container at the station and add Stabil Marine 360 (the blue stuff) when I fill it. I use this gas in my lawnmower, generator and motorcycle. I also use this gas to mix a quart at a time of 2-cycle mix as needed. So, by default, my 2-cycle mix has Stabil in it.

Folks, as a general rule, two stroke oil perfoms the same function as a fuel stabilizer. It extends the lifespan of the fuel. There is no need to add Sta-Bil or any other product to your premix.

While I use VP racing fuels C9 and mix at 32 to 1, any ethanol free fuel mixed with oil will work just fine for OPE.

Folks, as a general rule, two stroke oil perfoms the same function as a fuel stabilizer. It extends the lifespan of the fuel. There is no need to add Sta-Bil or any other product to your premix.

While I use VP racing fuels C9 and mix at 32 to 1, any ethanol free fuel mixed with oil will work just fine for OPE.

I’ve heard that but never researched it. When I asked my local power equipment shop this question they said that the 2-stroke oils COMES with stabilizers, not that the oil itself IS a stabilizer.

True Fuel. Available in 40:1, 50:1 and 4 cycle. I get it at Lowes.

92 octane, zero alcohol and stabilizer mixed in.

Great stuff
I use this exclusively in my OPE. I leave it in year round and have not had one single issue with starting or running. Doesn’t destroy plastic parts like ethanol does.

I use this exclusively in my OPE. I leave it in year round and have not had one single issue with starting or running. Doesn’t destroy plastic parts like ethanol does.
Same here....I stopped draining my 2 strokes years ago

2 stroke mix goes off for me in the chainsaw and hard to start and wont run unless i dump the fuel and do a new mix with fresh fuel for it.

^^^^^
Thats normal thing.....I usually dump stale 2stroke fuel into a lawnmover or a snowthrower...

Low compression Lhead engines doesnt care that much if fuel is stale....as long as it is in liquid form and it can burn

I've used nothing but Trufuel 40:1 in my TroyBilt trimmer since day 1. I ran it dry at the end of its first summer, and poured a little after-run oil into the spark plug hole. Started fine the next spring, but smoked for a while. I haven't done anything special since then. I leave the Trufuel in the tank all winter, and it starts right up come spring. Has started & run great for 7 years now.

^^^^^
Thats normal thing.....I usually dump stale 2stroke fuel into a lawnmover or a snowthrower...

Low compression Lhead engines doesnt care that much if fuel is stale....as long as it is in liquid form and it can burn

Thata what i did. I dumped it from chainsaw into lawnmower which ran fine with it.

Mine runs best on true fuel. some think I’m just wasting money but I am telling you, it makes a difference. Especially in the chainsaw I only use twice a year.

stuff like this which gets very sporadic use, I think I agree. I like the Stihl mix, but they’re probably all about the same.

if I’m heavily using the item for a time (eg, a chainsaw), I’ll use pump gas at the right ratio. But I’ll do the last tank or two on the more expensive special fuel...

Trufuel if you live in a state there E10 is the de facto gas on offer. If not, EtOH free gas and synthetic 2-stroke oil at a 50:1 ratio. Some brands of oil can go as high as 100:1. The “pro” brands(Echo, Makita, Shindaiwa, Stihl) and Homelite/Ryobi want 50:1, everyone else wants 40:1. I think 50:1 is fine for everything if you use a good oil.

the “premium” 1-shot synthetics I’ve seen at the hardware store or Home Depot are 50:1 as a default ratio.

Back