Protection for 40:1 2 cycle blower?

I use a combo of stabil 360 and mmo in my mower gas. I don't use the blower too much and was wondering if this is proper for use in the blower mix? Thanks.

For a 2-stroke that doesn't get much use, I'd find some non-ethanol gas (or True-Fuel in the cans at your local big-box home improvement store), and mix that with whatever 2-stroke oil you prefer, and then give it the dosing of Stabil 360. That should be good for sitting in the tank and float bowl for a couple of years. If you're not using a tank of gas in that time frame, I think I'd empty the tank, run the float bowl dry, and store the blower someplace warm and dry until I needed it again.

I treat my 2-stroke fuel with stabil 360 and MMO and have never had any fuel quality issues. As long as you're not leaving it in there for more than a year or two, what you're doing should work just fine.

I use Stabil only in the winter months. I keep it in my generator at all times but replace all the gas in the generator every 1 1/2 to 2 years. In North Carolina we do not have long winters. I do use E0 gas in all my OPE.

Keeps gas fresher for longer
Are you serious? I have never use stabilizer and have 20 year old ope that every winter gets the gas tank filled and put away until spring with out any voodoo and they start right up and run fine in the spring. In fact I have 3 year old gas in my pressure washers and it started and fan fine with the 3 year old gas, .

Ethanol free wherever and whenever you can get it is the best protection.

If not, then just build in a maint plan as the carbs and fuel system will need service more frequently.

Not sure I would put Marvel Mystery Oil in a 2-cycle. They say it's fine, but I have my doubts. One of the main components in MMO is Stoddard solvent (i.e. paint thinner) which has good cleaning properties, but seems to me like it may not do good things for the oil film on the moving parts inside your equipment.

I have some 10 yr old 32-1 gas mix that I use in my leaf blower and weedwacker. Im just about out of it now. Never had a problem. No additives.

I have some 10 yr old 32-1 gas mix that I use in my leaf blower and weedwacker. Im just about out of it now. Never had a problem. No additives.
Srt 20 are you one of those kind of people that marketing doesn't work on them?

I've been using the pre-mixed Ethanol free Tru-Fuel for about five years now. Prior to that virtually all of my 2-cycle stuff died due to Ethanol issues. Every time I took a piece of equipment in for repair they told me it was Ethanol damage and not economical to repair. This included several Homelte chainsaws, an Echo weed wacker, and a Craftsman leaf blower. It's all been replaced with Stihl brand products. All are doing well on the Tru-Fuel 50:1 mix.

Oddly enough I do have a MTD 2-cycle snow blower that was gifted to me last year along with the service records dating back to the late 90s. Those records indicate an expensive Ethanol related repair around 2004. That machine sat idle for about ten years before I got it, but it started right up with fresh fuel last fall.

The premix question has a lot to do with how much 2-cycle fuel one uses. Personally I had been in the 1-2 quart range per year for several years, so it made little sense to mix my own. This summer I have gone thru six quarts in a month on just the chainsaw, and that snow blower is going to see some use if the white stuff falls. Either way, it will be E0 fuel going into the 2-cycle toys. I have a convenient and inexpensive source of 89 octane E0 that I've been using in all of the 4-cycle lawn toys for the past two years. I've got some 2-cycle oil lying around, so maybe I will mix a gallon or two using the E0 once the current stash of Tru-Fuel is depleted.

I would use fresh gas with no alcohol added (if possible), a decent 2-cycle air cooled oil (not TCW-3) and some Sta-bil mixed to recommended amount. I mix mine in small amounts so I know it is fresh. When storing, I empty the tank, then start it and run the carb dry. You can also buy pre-mixed engineered fuel (such as Tru-Fuel) It is different from pump fuel and has less "stuff" in it that gunks up your engine. The cost is significantly more than mixing your own, but if you only use a quart a year it is very convenient.
I see some previous posters have had great luck with using old fuel in their engines, but can tell you that I've been given a couple dozen small engine equipped machines over the years that were "dead", and the only problem was gummed up carbs from being stored incorrectly and the fuel turning to gunk and varnish. I agree with one of the previous posters and wouldn't use MMO in my 2 cycle engines.

Meh, I buy Valvoline mix oil and mix an oily 32:1 with E 10 regular. In deference to the Mantis, I now only mix a qt at a time in a Tru-fuel can. I will add a cap full of MMO and/or a little Chem-Tool. The oil is TCW-3 rated. Genset is stored with stabilized fuel The older 2 strokes, 40-ish Stihl and Lawnboy mower have the least problems with old fuel.

Back