propane or gas for generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 500 gallon propane tank, 400 when filled to 80%. This spring I got a dual fuel generator and ran a copper line to it. $1.15 a gallon this year. It's great if you hardly use the generator. No worry about gas or having to run somewhere every 1 or 2 days to refill your cans.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Natural gas is the best option for power outages.

If a disaster occurs and enters into week-2, good luck trying to hide the sound of that gas generator. Good luck trying to find fuel in any continued disaster. People that have begun to starve will be hearing your loud generator and on your property quickly. Better have plenty of ammo.

Natural gas is the perfect recipe for power outages that last multiple days and keep the generator sound down to a minimum.

I wouldn't look at anything, other than natural gas.

No, Propane is, 1. It is stored ON PREMISE, not in a pipeline that will likely be damaged, example New Madrid earthquake, major natural gas pipelines run through that region.... You going to rely on that vs a buried 500 gallon propane tank?

Also natural gas is subject to terrorism, vandals, cruise missiles, and greedy companies that reduce pipeline capacities due to the higher need for other pipelined products, crude from Canada, etc..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back