Project Farm tests Amazon Basics Syn Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Railrust

It's something I'm always torn about...going "name brand" or just buying the Super Tech 0w20 synthetic. I've done both. I mean I'm only saving like $10 bucks going with the Super Tech, but then I start to think...ok ten bucks is ten bucks. If you're getting basically the same thi, why throw away ten bucks?
My truck is nearing the point where I'm going to change the diff fluids. Well right away I'm seeing the super tech synthetic 75/90 diff fluid and it's only $11. The Mobil 1 is $16. I'll need at least three...it's $15 bucks in savings. Again no big deal but why throw it away?

You could probably save even more money by buying a name brand oil on rebate rather than buying the ST with no rebate!

Originally Posted by RF Overlord
Not sure if he did this intentionally, but it seems a little unfair to test 2 synthetics against a conventional. I bet Valvoline synth would perform closer to the M1 and the Amazon.

I'm sure Valvoline Advanced would be just as good or better ... would have been interesting to see that. He really should have chose another full synthetic instead of a conventional since he was trying to show how good the Amazon full synthetic was.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by Railrust

It's something I'm always torn about...going "name brand" or just buying the Super Tech 0w20 synthetic. I've done both. I mean I'm only saving like $10 bucks going with the Super Tech, but then I start to think...ok ten bucks is ten bucks. If you're getting basically the same thi, why throw away ten bucks?
My truck is nearing the point where I'm going to change the diff fluids. Well right away I'm seeing the super tech synthetic 75/90 diff fluid and it's only $11. The Mobil 1 is $16. I'll need at least three...it's $15 bucks in savings. Again no big deal but why throw it away?

You could probably save even more money by buying a name brand oil on rebate rather than buying the ST with no rebate!

You're absolutely right, I usually take advantage of the Mobil 1 rebates in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back