Priority Tire any thoughts

I am thinking about ordering through Walmart online and getting them to install. Evoluxx Capricorn made in Thailand. They also have some Armstrong tires, made in Thailand but I doubt it is the old Armstrong Tire and Rubber Co. of old.

Reactions: JTK
The thing about cheaper tires is the tread life. If you take everything into account like the installation. balance, disposal, other fees, and time i find that spending less on the tires is actually more expensive. I'd only get those cheaper low tread life tires if it was for something like a low use vehicle where they'll rot out before they wear out.

Thailand makes good tires. They will not cheapened out on making rubber tires because they're the rubber tree capital of the world.

Last edited:
Walmart has good tire pricing, the best I've found amongst the competition since the pandemic. But the brands are all fly-by night. I would literally accept even Blacklion, which was new 5 years ago but "established" now. I am hoping for a name brand clearance to roll through their capable web store.

For installation, if you can't do it yourself, I would find a hole in the wall non-chain shop, just for getting fewer fees and gotchas.

Thanks all these are for my '18 Cadillac XTS, two sets of Goodyear Eagle Touring each only lasted 26,000 mi so these will do just as well.
I may give them a try.

Yes, with few exceptions. Mixed with chemicals (man made technology) added, tires still have natural rubber added to it.
https://www.bridgestone.com/technology_innovation/natural_rubber/
For sure, but the majority of what makes a modern tire is the chemical compound science and R&D which most new companies don't have, because main stream companies have had centuries to work on this stuff. I know, because michelin headquarters is down the road from me with what...like 4 (nvm just checked, 5) plants. Talked to many of the engineers there, and although rubber is used, the part that really gives the tires their specific qualities (summer, track, all season, winter, etc) is the over all compound chemistry. Think "base oil" and then friction modifiers, viscosity modifiers, and so on, in engine oil. If you compare a main stream brand to a no name brand, it doesn't matter that they have access to "the best rubber" when the main stream brand also has access to that same rubber, but knows how to make a better tire.

This has been shown in plenty of tests and if you want to see raw real world data, check out tyre reviews for reference, where its always the big 3 or 4 that are so far ahead of everyone else, that the savings don't outweight the saftey and grip capabilities.

There's nothing inherently wrong with Priority Tire.

One thing to know: if you order tires on walmart.com from a marketplace seller, Walmart will still charge you extra for being non-WM tires if you have them installed there.

Back