Prices just keep going up,up,up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't get my thread shut down.

I made a guy a 7ft ac hose today. When I bought this size hose 2 months ago I paid $2.91 per ft for quality bulk hose.

Made his hose and sent him on his way. Went to replace the hose I used and my cost is $8/ft!

This is nuts! If I double the price and add ends a 7 ft hose will cost the next guy $150ish!

Been looking online and found some for around $6 a ft after shipping which is what I sold it for today.

I hope this inflation stops soon.

I totally hear ya! Man I just went grocery shopping, just for some staple items, and it was literal highway robbery! Seems every week (I usually grocery shop once a week) everything goes up a dollar or two.

Without getting political, I will just state generic facts.

Printing money and putting it into circulation lowers the value of all the money. The United States printed over 7 trillion dollars a few years ago. The relative cost of commodities hasn't changed much, the power of the dollar has dropped.

Without getting political, I will just state generic facts.

Printing money and putting it into circulation lowers the value of all the money. The United States printed over 7 trillion dollars a few years ago. The relative cost of commodities hasn't changed much, the power of the dollar has dropped.
And it wasn't just the good old USA doing it either. If folks think we have bad inflation, I've got a dozen eggs in Turkey to sell you. Argentina had 80% inflation the past year.

I saw a guy on television last week say that inflation is 8%. My experience tells me it's much higher than that. The dog food that I used to pay $30 in 2020 is now $44. The lunch special that I used to get for 10.99 in 2020 is now 14.99. The salt for my water softener that was $4 is now $9. etc..etc..etc... I think we are even being 'gaslighted' on this issue just like most others.

Please don't get my thread shut down.

I made a guy a 7ft ac hose today. When I bought this size hose 2 months ago I paid $2.91 per ft for quality bulk hose.

Made his hose and sent him on his way. Went to replace the hose I used and my cost is $8/ft!

This is nuts! If I double the price and add ends a 7 ft hose will cost the next guy $150ish!

Been looking online and found some for around $6 a ft after shipping which is what I sold it for today.

I hope this inflation stops soon.
We are all getting hosed.

BINGO! Thank you. Most don't understand this crucial concept. (y)

Unfortunately, the inflation we're seeing this year is just a prelude of what's coming next year and in 2024. The PPI (producer price index) has been raging this year, and it tends to foretell what's going to happen with the CPI (consumer price index) in about 12-18 months. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Unfortunately, the inflation we're seeing this year is just a prelude of what's coming next year and in 2024. The PPI (producer price index) has been raging this year, and it tends to foretell what's going to happen with the CPI (consumer price index) in about 12-18 months. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
:rolleyes:

I saw a guy on television last week say that inflation is 8%. My experience tells me it's much higher than that. The dog food that I used to pay $30 in 2020 is now $44. The lunch special that I used to get for 10.99 in 2020 is now 14.99. The salt for my water softener that was $4 is now $9. etc..etc..etc... I think we are even being 'gaslighted' on this issue just like most others.
Yep… used to be able to shop groceries for week at $200-$250 depending on what we needed. Now it’s hard to get out for less than $300 on the high end. Even our Aldi trip is up significantly, and we stopped shopping at Meijer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back