Powdered Peanut Butter

I find PB2 and similar powdered peanut butter products quite useful. The powdered product contains much less fat than regular peanut butter and I can easily add a couple tablespoons to a smoothie or to oatmeal for some low-fat flavor and texture. It also can be used to make great peanut butter shortbread cookies. I first used this stuff when I went hiking because it's lighter and easier to carry than regular peanut butter. Who has tried powdered peanut butter?

I tried it once. I'm tall and skinny and I thought it would help me gain weight and muscle. Didn't do anything for me but I was doing lots of road cycling at the time. What about making your own peanut butter or peanut powder in a capable high speed blender?

No thanks. I need real peanut butter preferably crunchy. You should see our pantry at home it’s full of peanut butter because many people gave it to us when everything started lol and my mom always has coupons for it too. Honey Roasted Peanut Butter is even better yummy 🤤. And oh if it matters I prefer Skippy or Peter Pan brand but I’ll use just about anything as long as it’s not oily. And we have to keep peanut butter on hand for when my niece and nephews are over they always want sandwiches.

My reason for putting powdered peanut butter in the oatmeal is that oatmeal gets a bit boring after a while and I would not want to stir peanut butter into my oats. In smoothies, I prefer the powdered peanut butter vastly. Otherwise, I like extra crunchy peanut butter best.

I tried it once. I'm tall and skinny and I thought it would help me gain weight and muscle. Didn't do anything for me but I was doing lots of road cycling at the time. What about making your own peanut butter or peanut powder in a capable high speed blender?
I have made my own nut butter, peanut, and cashew butter. As for making the powdered one, I do not have the necessary facilities and I can just grab a container off the shelf.

It has it's uses, but the novelty wears out quickly. I subbed it for flour, not bad in certain things.

I got really excited when I saw powdered almond butter. How handy and cool. I love almond stuff. Meh, almost tasteless. Not terrible in a vanilla smoothy or protein shake but same - won't buy again :)

I’m like skyactiv, I can eat like a horse 24/7 and don’t gain an ounce. I buy the natural peanut butter that you have to stir.

I can see it being great when you make your own peanut brittle, but I personally prefer the real peanut butter, and buy the Trader Joe's creamy unsalted one (need to stir).

once again nut butters are the best IMO BUT SantaCruz organic crunchy dark roasted is a close second @ half the price!! of course just ground nuts NO added junk especially plasticy hydrogenated seed oils!!

Back