Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

if I understand Valvoline's date codes system That was manufactured February (B) 22nd 2011.
Dang lol. Still old for oil though haha. I was going by the copyright on the label haha. These older bottles don’t say Valvoline anywhere on them so I wasn’t sure if it was still Valvoline then or not. Also didn’t realize we were only on SM/SL still then.

Dang lol. Still old for oil though haha. I was going by the copyright on the label haha. These older bottles don’t say Valvoline anywhere on them so I wasn’t sure if it was still Valvoline then or not. Also didn’t realize we were only on SM/SL still then.
Point being: you should NOT have bought it. Cheap does NOT always equal good oil. These old myths and wives tales need to die

The bottle says Ashland, which was the parent company of Valvoline until they spun it off as it's own company in 2017. SN was introduced at the end of 2010, ILSAC GF-4 became obsolete at the end of 2011, so throughout 2011 several manufacturers would have still had SM/GF-4 products on the shelf, although for 10W40 there's no reason they couldn't have continued selling it as SL/SM to this day since it's not an ILSAC grade.

Point being: you should NOT have bought it. Cheap does NOT always equal good oil. These old myths and wives tales need to die
Well at least I can use it. But I’ll probably end up collecting it. I collect old stuff. I’ll use Napa oil since it’s formulated by Valvoline. My truck or the Beetle the Jeep or the van they will all like it if I decide to use it.

Well at least I can use it. But I’ll probably end up collecting it. I collect old stuff. I’ll use Napa oil since it’s formulated by Valvoline. My truck or the Beetle the Jeep or the van they will all like it if I decide to use it.
If it were cheap enough, I would use it in my 20+y/o lawnmower that is either leaking or burning oil.

I don't see any problem in using it, I used a quart of Valvoline Premium Conventional 5W-30 from 2007 that we found buried in some stuff cleaning out the garage last year to top up my mom's 08 Odyssey during the last oil change .
338357464_194988019668115_7227449543410702116_n.jpg

338393661_756379792855417_1765957978338151556_n.jpg

Good question. Yes, it's on the smaller side (at least the automotive department is on the small side). I didn't look for the Fram Endurance but there definitely weren't any SuperTech MP filters in the main auto area. I'll take a peek next time I swing through.
I noticed at my Walmart they now have those stupid K&N air filters and the cleaner for them, so they must've cleared several lower selling oil filters to make room for the worthless K&N air filters.

From Autozone, Mobil 1 ESP 0w30 for $39 with tax. Regular price and will go in the '21 Corolla LE with 6k miles. The oil level was rising about a quarter inch above the full mark since it gets short tripped often. After a 500 mile trip the level didn't drop any. Last oil change was 7 months ago but only 2k miles on TGMO 0w20.

From AAP, 5quarts if Fram 0w40 and a force filter for co workers 09’ Focus 2dr with almost 220k on it now. Was very tempted to grab 5w40 but no jugs or single quarts left.

Back