Post Your Latest CAF Change!

out was an Ultra-Power (stock number same as Wix) CAF from RockAuto.com after almost 15 months and in was a Pro-Tec (Wix manufacture) with charcoal this time 'round for the 2006 Toyota Corolla CE...

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 13
I just replaced the cabin filters in the two Elantras I own, with cheap Chinese white box filters. Normally once a year, I remove the cabin filters, slap them on the ground and vacuum them. They were getting on 6 years old/50,000mi so I thought a change was in order. I can't really tell if there is any improvement. Air flow does not feel any different. There were no visible holes in the old filters.

Perhaps I just wasted my time and money.

In hindsight, I should have tried the fan without any filter to see if airflow was greatly restricted with the old filters.

11K miles ago @ 113,190 mi.; 1 year, 2 months and 16 days ago.
The prior CAF change was after 22.5K miles service and not too dirty.
Ergo, 30K for the one in there now.

CharBaby: Which Mazdas take half-a-day? The ones I've done (3's and a CX-5) took the 3 minutes.
Takes me longer to empty the glove box...

2018 Mazda CX-9:

Out- Fram Trueair
In- Luberfiner Charcoal.

Had been on for about 34,000 mi. Pretty dirty not horrible, the luberfiner feels really solid 👍

73,104 miles

2018 Mazda CX-9:

Out- Fram Trueair
In- Luberfiner Charcoal.

Had been on for about 34,000 mi. Pretty dirty not horrible, the luberfiner feels really solid 👍

73,104 miles
I wish I could get that many miles on the cabin filters for my CX5. The air in STL is gross; judging by how quickly my filters load up; the dealer always wants to change them with 5k miles on them. :ROFLMAO: (1yr/10-12k, after pollen season is my pattern)

I wish I could get that many miles on the cabin filters for my CX5. The air in STL is gross; judging by how quickly my filters load up; the dealer always wants to change them with 5k miles on them. :ROFLMAO: (1yr/10-12k, after pollen season is my pattern)
Yikes that is often! We moved back to Phoenix in July so we'll see how the new one does 🍻

Yikes that is often! We moved back to Phoenix in July so we'll see how the new one does 🍻
Check out the pic I posted last May (my next change will most likely be in May) :ROFLMAO:

Given the little video clip the dealer tech showed me from my prepaid oil change last week the filter I pull out in a couple months should look similar, and will about ~10-12k on it.

Check out the pic I posted last May (my next change will most likely be in May) :ROFLMAO:

Given the little video clip the dealer tech showed me from my prepaid oil change last week the filter I pull out in a couple months should look similar, and will about ~10-12k on it.
Yeah that's dirty!

The air in STL is gross; judging by how quickly my filters load up; the dealer always wants to change them with 5k miles
30K seems to pile enough dirt on across every vehicle in my experience.
Some "under-tree" parkers load 'em up faster.
I bet the SW folk need only see a dusty spell or two to load up theirs.

I just did all four of my vehicles that have a filter, and did air filters on all of them as well. Through an interesting coincidence three of them all reached 20k miles at the same time. The other is newly purchased so I did everything to it.

For my 2016 CR-V
Out factory
In favtory

But the ATP HA-5 Carbon Activated Premium that Wheel366 mentioned has been wondering whether I should go Factory with the next change use one of those?

For my 2016 CR-V
Out factory
In favtory

But the ATP HA-5 Carbon Activated Premium that Wheel366 mentioned has been wondering whether I should go Factory with the next change use one of those?
There is no need to go factory unless it is cheaper than other options for cabin air filters.

This one run just shy of 5 years, ~25k miles on 7th gen 3.0L Accord. It's a made in China Parts Plus, not sure where I got it. Maybe ebay but I know it was a low cost and basic CAF. Replaced with a Purolator Tech TC35519, <$6 from Amazon. Made in the US, low cost basic CAF. The latter my standard for CAFs. Ordered two more from Amazon for other Honda vehicles in the stable.

P1020507.JPG

P1020509.JPG

Back