Post Hurricane Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night on my commute through NJ on the way home it was $2.499. There are five stations all clumped together right off the interstate. On the way to work today they were all $2.749, except the Shell which remained at $2.499. With my Fuel Rewards it came to $2.449. At my exit in PA it is currently $2.899, it was $2.639 a couple days ago.

The line to get into Shell was alllllllll the way up the street.

Originally Posted By: copcarguy
Last night on my commute through NJ on the way home it was $2.499. There are five stations all clumped together right off the interstate. On the way to work today they were all $2.749, except the Shell which remained at $2.499. With my Fuel Rewards it came to $2.449. At my exit in PA it is currently $2.899, it was $2.639 a couple days ago.

The line to get into Shell was alllllllll the way up the street.

Local Shell station close to my house not in Hurricane country is $3.59 this weekend. I drove right by.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
So is gas only dependent on raw material prices? Only dependent on declining supplies?

Hint: Its dependent on both (and a whole bunch of other stuff...)

You've stated if gas is short, it should be $5 a gallon. Based on what - an opinion?

Last time US gasoline averaged over $4 a gallon, the price of crude was what? Well over $100 a barrel. When gas was close to $4 a gallon 2010, 2011ish, the price of crude was, shocker... around $100 a barrel...

Guess what the current crude price is... $50 a barrel...

Thus (if you actually read the EIA report it points it out) gas remains cheaper due to lower raw input costs... but more expensive than it has been due to supply issues...

The price of crude has nothing to do with the price increases...the increases are caused by the shortage of refined product, more specifically, prices are increasing more due to fears being injected into the market by speculators than by actual shortages...

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
I haven't heard anyone complain about the prices. There are generally more important things to worry about.

I have to say they haven't gone up as much as I thought they would...I don't think we'll see anything like the prices we saw during Katrina...

The Texas AG is on price gougers very hard and is prosecuting.

Half the gas stations in my area have been replenished, I purchased a full tank of gas for $2.39 in my Sonata and was happy to have it.

Have a safe labor day weekend all, we are going to San Antonio for some fun.

Drove past a WAWA here in NE PA today and regular was at $2.85.

So it's steadily rising. Close to 50c increase here since Harvey arrived.

$2.79. $$$... I might have to seriously dust off that Honda Insight because even in the awful condition it is in, it still gets more than 45mpg. When my other Insight was running, it routinely got 60mpg+++

Up to $2.999 as of a little while ago...

It was $2.899 going to work yesterday, $2.93 on the way home.

$2.95 this morning, $2.99 coming home tonight.

God Bless my little '97 Mercury Tracer wagon commuter. 40 mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back