that's to bad

LOL.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: dave123
Originally Posted By: tig1
We don't eat pork of any kind.
that's to bad

LOL.

Well there's pork and then there's BACON!
20.gif

Props for your commitment. Happy New Year.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Dude, it's 'sauerkraut'. lol

Yeah man … parents grew dill, cabbage, cucumbers, and put up sauerkraut & pickles every year …
Dad made sausage …

My favorite was when she’d make a creamy sauce with well charred bacon almost like a rue … and then add some homemade sauerkraut to that … it took the bitter out and put savory in
wink.gif

Pork no, bring on the sausage and hot sauce. I wouldn't complain much if the sausage had a lot of pork in it.

Last edited:
tig1, I don't cook a lot of pork, but mostly out of fear I'll kill myself from undercooking.
wink.gif
Salmon and beef are the least lethal options for me. Actually, my Opti-Grill does do pork or chicken correctly without my involvement (more interference or unwitting sabotage). Old habits are hard to break, though. Of course, your reasons are different, but I cooked my first pork sausage a few weeks ago, and had never done so in my life.

Good stuff no matter how you spell it.
There is the traditional hope that pork with sauerkraut brings good luck in the new year, with blackeyed peas and rice doing the same for some cultures.
Why not a little of both, since both are tasty winter comfort food?

My wife always helps a family friend cook cabbage rolls New Years Eve,So we have cabbage rolls stuffed with sausage, meat balls,rice ,sauerkraut in a tomato/[censored] sauce.I had some this a.m. for breakfast.

Originally Posted By: urrlord
My wife always helps a family friend cook cabbage rolls New Years Eve,So we have cabbage rolls stuffed with sausage, meat balls,rice ,sauerkraut in a tomato/[censored] sauce.I had some this a.m. for breakfast.

wonder why it censored the last 5 letters in sauerkraut?

wonder why it censored the last 5 letters in sauerkraut?

Food aside, it has a derogatory meaning, so that's why the censor dictionary flags it.

Originally Posted By: car51
I was thinking same thing dave123; most crazy thing I ever heard here
+1

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Food aside, it has a derogatory meaning, so that's why the censor dictionary flags it.

Same with the similar word for their Japanese WWII ally. I take it the swear filter here was not written by a millenial.
wink.gif

Just to check if "booger" is in there, which got Johnny Fever exiled to WKRP in the first place.

Originally Posted By: NibbanaBanana
Love it but hate cancer so don't eat the stuff. World Health organization says processed meat is a known human carcinogen. Red meat is a probable human carcinogen. https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html Bon appetit.

You'd be surprised at how much health advice out there is patently false or agenda driven. Even the American Heart Association has been shown to give bad advice regarding diet and heart health.

Just made this today. Took two pork tenderloins, coated them is salt, pepper and garlic, then seared them in a pan on the stovetop to seal in juices and brown the surfaces. Then took the loins and put them in an enamel pot with the drained sauerkraut.

Used the juice from the sauerkraut to get the cooking residues out of the pan, and then poured all that in with the pork.

Two hours at 350 get the inner temp to 175ish, pulled it, and it was delicious.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Just made this today. Took two pork tenderloins, coated them is salt, pepper and garlic, then seared them in a pan on the stovetop to seal in juices and brown the surfaces. Then took the loins and put them in an enamel pot with the drained sauerkraut.

Used the juice from the sauerkraut to get the cooking residues out of the pan, and then poured all that in with the pork.

Two hours at 350 get the inner temp to 175ish, pulled it, and it was delicious.

Same recipe here but for 2 things, no garlic in our house, and heat the drained kr4ut in the searing pan for a bit with a bit of brown sugar to get some brown on the kr4ut here and there, then dump in with loins and same as you with the liquids. No idea why we only have this once a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back