Pop_Rivit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be sure to pour one out on the ground in his memory. I'm taking suggestions on what exactly to pour.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Haha I bet somewhere he's sitting back reading all of this smiling ear to ear seeing there's a whole 4 page (so far :p) thread dedeicated to him
laugh.gif

^^^ this x 1,000.
there's no question that pop had the holier than thou attitude. he didn't care. he, more than anybody, knows that "this is the internet."

to the guys,over the years,that ragged out on pop -- you know nothing about human nature.he gets off on your negative responses. the only way to get rid of a guy like that, is to not reply to his posts. how can you not know this?that is why the threads, in which he posted, were so funny.like the guy, or not, he was one of the most intelligent on the board.

i'll bet that he's reading this now, while sipping a brandy,and laughing his butt off. he's not even here anymore, and guys are raggin' on him, and he's getting off on it. a tip of the hat to you, pop, for contributing to the entertainment on the board.
thanks for the laughs, guys, and have a good night.

Originally Posted By: silverrat
Originally Posted By: Vikas
I recall him giving lecture about brakes and then found that he had installed the calipers upside down when he had posted pictures. He was quiet for a week or two after that incident.

P.S. I am sorry as I seemed to have brought him back with my comment about myself becoming one :)

I think it was a lawnmower with blades upside down.

At least he got the blades on. I knew someone who forgot to put the blades back on and went about 3 rows before realizing something wasn't right.

So in this exciting thread, Pop made a smarmy spelling or grammatical correction. In his defense, I hate it when the word weird is misspelled too, but that's not the point.
The point is, eljefino came right back at him to point out his misspelled username. The forum laughed, and Pop didn't respond again. And now he's been shown to the door, so we can keep laughing at his expense.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4357792/2

Despite his aloofness and rampant condescension, he was an intelligent guy. At times he offered well thought out advice. Its unfortunate that a guy his age never learned people skills. Knowledge and wisdom, wasted because he repelled members away from him rather than draw members toward him.

In some ways I do miss his posts, in others no. I always worried that he would drive decent members away from this site.

I wish him no ill will, and continued good health.

Bryan

Last edited:
Pop Rivet is an [censored]. A plain old [censored]. Nut a funny, well meaning [censored], but a jerk [censored]. He had Nothing but condemnation for anyone but himself. I just can't tell whether he is a [censored] [censored] (an internet tough guy fraud), or if he treats people in the flesh and blood like he does online. It's one thing to give tough honest advice to others; it's an entirely different thing when a person can't even live up to their own high "moral" standard.

Guy is an [censored]...

Last edited by a moderator:
Drew99GT did not hold back! I didn't quote his message because its full of caffeine and its almost 10pm here
lol.gif
13.gif

I think pop just like to taunt and make waves to have a little fun on the forum. Maybe he's one of those jokester types,kind've like the class clown who just liked to poke fun at everything. I have a feeling in real life he's probably an alright dude.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I think pop just like to taunt and make waves to have a little fun on the forum. Maybe he's one of those jokester types,kind've like the class clown who just liked to poke fun at everything. I have a feeling in real life he's probably an alright dude.
Oh man I bet in person he'd be insufferable. Imagine him being a coworker.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Drew99GT did not hold back! I didn't quote his message because its full of caffeine and its almost 10pm here
lol.gif
13.gif

Yeah, if you quote his message, it tells you what the words were that got censored. It had me wondering, thought he was using all different kinds of words in the message, but it's basically just one word that got censored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back