Political comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: das_peikko
What's the grand solar minimum all about? Never heard of it.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Thread should be deleted due to the cursing. It was cursing.

Well, sorry but I can't agree. It was censoring, with no attempt to bypass the censor. Trying to bypass the censor is a bannable offense, for example replacing one letter of a swear word with an asterisk. However there is nothing in the rules that says you get banned for trying to use a censored word - it's censored after all, and no one will be able to see the swear word in the post.

I believe OP was not out of bounds here. I understand his anger at some [censored] ruining a perfectly good thread with political commentary; it's frustrating. Just because some cretin doesn't care to even try to understand important science, they shouldn't try, or be allowed to, ruin the thread for everyone else.

Having been a moderator on more than one internet forum (one smaller than this one and another one very much larger) I'd say that any warnings/bannings etc should go to those that post politically based comments in a non political thread such as ridgerunner's...their offending comments removed and the thread allowed to continue - especially when it's most definitely non political from the start!

Never heard of this! Thanks for posting gents. This is a touchy subject for some people. Again, this server is privately owned. Let's keep it nice and respectful.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: JLTD

Well, sorry but I can't agree. It was censoring, with no attempt to bypass the censor. Trying to bypass the censor is a bannable offense, for example replacing one letter of a swear word with an asterisk. However there is nothing in the rules that says you get banned for trying to use a censored word - it's censored after all, and no one will be able to see the swear word in the post.

I believe OP was not out of bounds here. I understand his anger at some [censored] ruining a perfectly good thread with political commentary; it's frustrating. Just because some cretin doesn't care to even try to understand important science, they shouldn't try, or be allowed to, ruin the thread for everyone else.

Having been a moderator on more than one internet forum (one smaller than this one and another one very much larger) I'd say that any warnings/bannings etc should go to those that post politically based comments in a non political thread such as ridgerunner's...their offending comments removed and the thread allowed to continue - especially when it's most definitely non political from the start!

Couldn’t agree more. Thank you!

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
I cannot imagine why in the world would someone think that posting a question about the grand solar minimum is a worthwhile thing to do on this board.

I didn’t post a question about it, I know about it. I wanted to share info with like minded persons here on this site. Check out the info for yourself if U like, if not move along...easy.

Last edited:

Yeah gotta protect all of the minors on here searching about what oil to run in their big wheels. I know that’s what I used to do when I was 8.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ridgerunner

Yeah gotta protect all of the minors on here searching about what oil to run in their big wheels. I know that’s what I used to do when I was 8.

If you don't like it there are plenty of other forums that let people compromise for their inability to communicate by using profanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back