Polaris atv premix

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys must be bored. To keep argueing over something so trival. Fine its the best oil ever invented. I considered the statement as just a really satisfied over dramatic assessment of a product, nothing more. You guys are reading into this way too much. Its simply a opinion. I have high regards for the yamalube 2R, simply because engines were so clean when I tore them down and I hardly ever fouled plugs. Just my opinion. I wish I could have gotten to try the Mobil oil before it became extinct. Anyone I talked to held it in high regards. The Polaris 90 would run fine on anything from boat oil(TCW3) to racing oil. Not real fussy machine or maxed out on stress.

Originally Posted By: boraticus

Where are my quotes where I stated any product that I use was
"arguably the finest oil eve made"?

You don't understand your own words???? Here it is:

"Chainsaw bar oil will do as good a job in an oiled foam filter as anything out there and it's dirt cheap" Post #1902619

Where is your proof that chainsaw bar oil will do as good a job as anything out there? There are proof from foam filter oil manufacturers that show their oil is better than bar oil, just google it. All you do is ride your bike backward and making bogus claims.

That does not translate into being the very absolute, supreme best ever made in the entire history of the universe.

Does it?

Anyone with the slightest understanding of the English language will read my statement to read "as good".

See that part? "AS GOOD"

Not "head and shoulders above", not the "absolute best ever made".

Getting the message yet?

ive enjoyed reading this thread, and im not taking sides here. Im in now way doubting your mechanical ability bortacius but i must say most of your posts refer to the less expensive way (to put it nicely) way of doing things and it obviously works for you. hey when i run into a good deal i buy, but im also not afraid or too cheap to buy the proper product for the proper fix as i dont like redoing things nor trial and error theories

I buy what's necessary to do the job and do it well. I've never had issues with any of my many engines as a result of the lubrication I choose to use.

I'm not easily led by snake oil salesmen, promises of supremacy nor flashy advertising. I can buy any oil of any quality I wish. However, as with anything else I do, common sense prevails.

However, as with anything else I do, common sense prevails.

a.k.a. lack of money for the real stuffs. You are avoiding the subject of where is the proof that bar oil is "as good" as the best? If it is as good and dirt cheap then it has to be better than all others, isn't it? Your common sense ain't right especially since you spend so much time backing up your bike. Got to admit you make me laugh most of the time with your one man money saving tips, hahahahaha. PEACE.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
However, as with anything else I do, common sense prevails.

a.k.a. lack of money for the real stuffs. You are avoiding the subject of where is the proof that bar oil is "as good" as the best? If it is as good and dirt cheap then it has to be better than all others, isn't it? Your common sense ain't right especially since you spend so much time backing up your bike. Got to admit you make me laugh most of the time with your one man money saving tips, hahahahaha. PEACE.

So..... when are you going to back up you bovine excrement?

I've seen nothing from you to support your accusations.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
See post #2199284

let me know if you need me to translate it to Canadian English.

I'm certain my English is more than sufficient to know that "as good as" is not the same as "heads and shoulders above and/or the very best ever made".

It would appear that you've exhausted your repertoire of insufficient replies and now must resort to infantile, school yard insults. Accordingly, with full knowledge that you did not and cannot support your accusations, and will likely continue to argue ineffectively I'll no longer participate.

I buy what's necessary to do the job and do it well. I've never had issues with any of my many engines as a result of the lubrication I choose to use.

I'm not easily led by snake oil salesmen, promises of supremacy nor flashy advertising. I can buy any oil of any quality I wish. However, as with anything else I do, common sense prevails.
more of what i meant was....youd rather spend all day with a can of carb cleaner and a piece of wire to do a job, than just buy a kit and be done in 10 mins. Now on the other hand you may be onto something w the bar oil as a air filter oil, bar oil sure is tacky, no doubt itd catch alot of dirt, if any air passes thru is another issue

"youd rather spend all day with a can of carb cleaner and a piece of wire to do a job, than just buy a kit and be done in 10 mins."

That's obviously the view and opinion of an ex-dealer/salesman.

You think that way because making money off of people is what you do. I do what I do to make that job as difficult as possible for people like that.

It wouldn't take a garden slug all day to clean a carb.

Buying a carb kit will not clean all of the passages and galleries. Will it? Put a kit in a dirty carb and what do you get? A carb that still won't work. I can clean a carb's internals in ten minutes or less. Don't think installing a kit would be any faster.

Buying unnecessary parts, kits, magic fluids don't always solve the problem. Buy what's need when it's needed.

i should have said youd rather use carb cleaner, a piece of wire, and a sheet of gasket material and spend all day making gaskets and tinkering, rather than just buying the carb kit afew bucks and a few minutes. You knew excatly what my point was borticus

Originally Posted By: kcfx4
i should have said youd rather use carb cleaner, a piece of wire, and a sheet of gasket material and spend all day making gaskets and tinkering, rather than just buying the carb kit afew bucks and a few minutes. You knew excatly what my point was borticus

No. Can't say I did. I can't read your mind and it appears you may have issues clearly expressing yourself.

Either way, if a gasket needs replacing, it will be replaced with a store bought gasket. I buy stuff when it's necessary, and not to appease a pushy salesman.

By the way, I seldom have issues with gaskets on carbs. I've opened up numerous Mikuni, TK, Keihin, Walbro and other brand carbs. It's very seldom that a gasket gets damaged. However, that's me doing the work and I know what's happening.

I can only wonder how many gaskets and other miscellaneous parts are claimed to be unsuitable and added to customers bills in order for dealers to gouge a few more bucks out them.

However, that's me doing the work and I know what's happening.
I can only wonder how many gaskets and other miscellaneous parts are claimed to be unsuitable and added to customers bills in order for dealers to gouge a few more bucks out them.

I agree, but with some of todays shop rates upwards of $75/hr, id gladly let them put a $20 kit in it rather than let them spend all day tinkering @ $75/hr, wich most of your post seem to imply you would personally do @ home (not $$$, but time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back