Please Help Make a Decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Fix it and drive it. It kinda deserves a little attention at this point.
Then take it to the dealership and get a new one.

I only buy 10 year or older Lexus with "perfect" service records. LOL

Yeah its a hard decision to make - like my Highander which has always seen synthetic the valve covers are leaking and its not a fun job.
Those who claim to sell they don't how good those old Lexus vehicles were - bulletproof.
The newer ones lack that reliability - why make a Rolls Royce when most American auto-makers are pushing out undesirable and unreliable luxury vehicles.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Gebo

I can't sell her. She's been so faithful. Til death do us part.

You've answered your own question. Why are you bothering BITOG with this?

Respectfully.

Agree

Help me decide what to do, please.

Why do you need help deciding what to do? If ya'll want to keep the car, then fix it. If you don't, then get rid of it and buy something newer.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by 2010Civic
Put a piece of cardboard down and save your money. Free rustproofing! Haha

Only my wife's car gets inside treatment. Mine stays outside. I'd need a brick or two. Plus it starting to smell of burnt oil.
It's a pretty bad leak.

Leak will get worse. I would shell out the $1,000 for the new seals n gaskets and drive for another 100k miles. You know and like the car. You know the mx history and if there's nothing else wrong with it...

^^^^^^^^^^

This answer by JLTD is spot on in my opinion.

I'm thinking I'll try the AT-205 first. Thanks danez_yoda! I'm about 25k from timing belt. If it continues to leak bad and get all over my driveway, I'll just have to do an earlier timing belt/water pump.

I appreciate your responses. You helped me. My emotional attachment was interfering with my decision making process. This has been the best and most reliable car I have ever known.

She was hit by a roll of carpet that fell out of a truck on I 81 in Tennessee. She was rear ended by a Taurus on Halloween that ended up totaling the Taurus but only left a one inch tear in her rear bumper. Other than maintenance, all I've had to do was replace the starter and then the oil pan where I messed up with a floor jack. No car I have ever owned has been this reliable. My 1983 Camry was second.

I'm good. I'm settled. Thanks.

Originally Posted by 2010Civic
Put a piece of cardboard down and save your money. Free rustproofing! Haha

I use an old piece of plywood ( about 2x2 square) which I pull over when I park. It won't blow away in the wind and leave it on the driveway where I park.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back