Picture hooks for concrete block wall

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I'd like to hang some pictures on a concrete block wall. I know that there are special hooks for this purpose and that I can probably get them at the local Ace Hardware. But I am ignorant about what to look for. Are there different styles/designs/materials to consider? Most pictures are very light, less than 5-6 pounds, but there are a couple that are larger and quite a bit heavier, more than 10-12 pounds.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have used the large wall board type (AKA Hercules Hooks). You have to drill a small hole and it must be located in the area of the block that is hollow. Only used one but it seemed to be adequate.

Are the blocks hollow?

In my house with filled hollow block walls I found the metal expanding anchors to be better than the plastic version. We used the larger ½ inch type to hang split air conditioner units on the outside. For pictures a smaller size will work fine.

Are the blocks hollow?

In my house with filled hollow block walls I found the metal expanding anchors to be better than the plastic version. We used the larger ½ inch type to hang split air conditioner units on the outside. For pictures a smaller size will work fine.
I don't know if they are hollow.

I don't know what a "metal expanding anchor" is. I'll look into it and see how they might be for my situation. Thanks!

Back