Picked up some new glass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is in fact my first prime lens. It's funny how back in the day, prime is all you had. Nowadays, it's all about zoom.

Haven't really shot anything with it yet, but it does indeed narrow the depth of field nicely, as F/1.8 should, and of course it doesn't hurt in low light situations either.

DSC_3133.jpg

DSC_3129.jpg

Very nice.

I purchased the same lens last week. Now I'm just waiting for my D3200 to arrive on Monday.

I'm rocking a "series E" manual focus 50 1.8 which also has its place in the DX sensor world.

Though I'm looking for a 19mm (35mm equivalent) superwide, or whole-camera solution.

Nice! I have the 50mm version. 35 would be good for me shooting fx. How much did it run you?

It's a great lense, got mine years ago when Best Buy was having a 10% off sale, it's a rarely discounted lense.

Nice glass. I recently added a full frame D600 to my D90 setup. I went with Sigma EX 50mm 1.8 and Sigma EX 24-70 2.8. Very true about the prime comment!

Now to learn Adobe Lightroom 5!

I purchased the same lens as a Mother's Day gift for my wife. It is her go-to lens for photographing the kids around the house.

It's a great lens, but the best part is certainly the price. At $200, it should be in every Nikon shooters bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back