(Pic Heavy) Chevy Impala Rental Car Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: irv

The Premier model, with an option or 2 is north of 50g's up here in Canada. A dealer/salesman friend of mine said, when they get to that level, people start looking at BMW's, Audi's and the like.
My wife, who works at GM, said what you also said, however. People, especially in the States currently, are truck/SUV crazy. Not near as many people want cars anymore.

Nailed it, couldn't agree more.

I don't think it's overpriced, it just doesn't have the prestige that comes with a luxury car badge, even though it is every bit as much car.

It's surprising that is the case but maybe not enough people know/think a GM product could be this nice? My wife is on cloud 9. She can't get over how nice it is in every aspect. I was leaning towards a Malibu when we first started talking about new cars but she wanted the Impala. I am glad I also followed her wishes because I love it too! I ordered new snow tires and rims today as well as some new Husky floor mats. I also booked an appointment to get it undercoated at Krown. Are they currently busy! I can't get in until Dec 5th. Needless to say, we will be keeping this car a while!
smile.gif

Rented one from Alamo at Tampa Int'l for a week. Black LT V6 with black cloth & vinyl interior. Terrible view out the back, big interior, trip odometer showed 25.8 MPG. I really liked the car overall, had 3 things about the interior I didn't care for:
1. wish the steering wheel and shift knob were leather instead of grained vinyl
2. couldn't see some of the controls on the driver's door because of the way the trim was angled...I think it was the lock button but won't swear to it. It's mounted on the vertical part of the door pretty far forward and was not visible to me. I could see the switch on the passenger door of course, just not the one I needed to have access to.
3. not wild about the way the trim piece above the infotainment screen didn't like up with the piece of the dash behind it, and the contrasting stitching made it more obvious.

I had ordered a "fullsize car, Nissan Altima or equivalent" and was thrilled to have a choice of 3 Impalas and a Maxima.

I looked at the Impala casually 2017. I am long legged and it was one of the few with enough legroom. Camry-no (plus it is absurdly ugly IMHO). Accord - no.
An advantage of public loving SUV's is you can cut a great deal on a sedan. Chevy dealer came off 2o% right away and it was clear he would go lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back