Penzoil Platinum or Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 115k on my 98' Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.
Finishing up now on the Auto-RX cleansing cycle.
I was useing Castrol Syntec-Blend 10w-30 before and i feel that my car will be fully capeable of running full synthetic motor oil after the auto-rx.
What do you guys suggest? run the full synthetic and if so what kind?
ohh yeah my car has a few mods such as... headers, catback, colder plugs, intake... etc... if that is any concern...
thanks alot

PP=Cheap (usually) and good performance
M1=Expensive (to most) but performs well in most cases

Give a thought to German Castrol (GC), Castrol Syntecs 0w-30, it would also work in your application. Always gives good UOA's and it is within the affordable range as far as synthetic oils go. (I think its about 5.69 a quart at my AZ)

If mail order was a consideration for you, try Amsoil, great oils, great prices with a preferred customer account, and Amsoil has some great warranties to back up their oils. They have oils in the 30 weight range for your application.

BTW, hope I didn't sound too biased in my opinions. Don't flame me everyone
laugh.gif

Try to catch Pennzoil Platinum on sale. Advance Auto Parts runs it buy one get one free sometimes. Another oil you might want to consider is Rotella synthetic 5w40.

Just ordered a jug of the LC20 and FP60. Have read alot of good things on here about both. I have lost alot of MPG since the 10% ethanol has been added to gas. FP60 may help me regain some I hope. And, the LC20 will help me keep my 1.8 liter Audi TT's internals clean. I will use it on my truck also that is at 88,000+ miles. I like preventive maintenance and I am keeping both vehicles until 300,000 miles. then I will look at new vehicles.
cheers.gif

Any API SM rated oil is your best value right now IMHO. PP is as good or better than M1 in certain grades and is less expensive. Go with PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back