Pennzoil Ultra & Dexos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KevinP
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: Mathew_Boss
With the additional calcium PUP has over PP I would be willing to bet PUP doesn't meet Gen 2 Dexos1

PUP has the identical amount of calcium as PP. PUP does have more boron than PP though, which is the only difference that shows up on a VOA from PUP to PP.

When dexos1 first came out, PUP was not amongst the group, but PP got it right away. PUP currently does meet dexos1 Gen1. .... Its happening again, PUP being late to the dexos1 Gen2 party this time around. What are they thinking?

Maybe SOPUS was having trouble getting ahold of enough PUP to perform the dexos testing?

;^)

LOL.... the bottle change is a head scratcher. Hint to marketing.... you don't make your top-tier product look like your bottom tier product.

I was scratching my head too. The old PU bottle looked better than the new one. They could have left that alone to differentiate the products better, or gave that bottle a whole new look, different than the rest. My guess is was a cost cutting move. All the bottles are the same color, better price on the bottles. Now all they have to do is print a different label and stick it on the bottle for the different products. They saved money on the bottles but in doing so might have lost product sales? Bad move in my opinion.

I called Pennzoil (Shell) customer service to ask about why there's no dexos logo anymore. The guy told me that it's a marketing decision because there're in the transition going to dexos Gen2 and and they are being charged 6 cents for every dexos sticker. But he said that the PUP is dexos certified and he even referred me tho their website on the data sheet where it specified that the PUP is dexos certified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back