Pennzoil PZ-182 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always use the Boss it doesn't tear. But the brand loyalists are very biased on this site and put everything in one basket. That's ok they are allowed that in a free society. Wait, this one isn't even torn and it starts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Farnsworth
You can always use the Boss it doesn't tear. But the brand loyalists are very biased on this site and put everything in one basket. That's ok they are allowed that in a free society. Wait, this one isn't even torn and it starts.

I agree, even for filters that have had a documented history of tearing.

Good times.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Have any cut-open filters to show us Johnny? Or do you have another way to prove those Puros of yours didn't tear?

Why would I lie to you it would only be hurting me? If they were tearing would you keep them in your stash and keep using them? Get real.

Why?.... you claim they are all fine in that stash.
One?.... OK
A stash that are OK?....... show us something Johnny! After-all, you stated you knew they were fine. So you cut them up - inspected them and won't show us at least one filter?
Get Real!

I haven't personally had a Puro tear-but I tend to run fairly thin oil & warm up/baby engines until they warm up, and I don't push cheapo filters too far. BUT-I believe Adam, he's cut more filters than anyone, & he has no axe to grind.

Unfortunately, I had a Motorcraft FL820S tear. This was the first filter I cut open. I have run a couple of the yellow Pure Ones, they did not tear on short OCI. I don't push jobber or entry level filters too far either.

53' Stude. - thanks for the C&P.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I haven't personally had a Puro tear-but I tend to run fairly thin oil & warm up/baby engines until they warm up, and I don't push cheapo filters too far. BUT-I believe Adam, he's cut more filters than anyone, & he has no axe to grind.

Thanks Bullwinkle
smile.gif

I have 3 Bosch D+ filters to run. I'll use HK 5w20 oil for the runs. Debating doing the PP and filter deal at autozone. If I do SOPUS better not shaft me

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by bullwinkle

Thanks Bullwinkle
smile.gif

I have 3 Bosch D+ filters to run. I'll use HK 5w20 oil for the runs. Debating doing the PP and filter deal at autozone. If I do SOPUS better not shaft me

I learned my lesson from PP Adam and they lost a customer for life.

Last edited:
I assume you folks are talking about rebates. I have gotten a few Pennzoil rebates and they came pretty quickly. Online submission gives a confirmation. I don't think they have a way to pick and choose who gets rebates they come in in piles and they process them best they can. They don't know one person from another. Mobil works fine too can't beat $12 off a Walmart jug of oil.

I assume you folks are talking about rebates. I have gotten a few Pennzoil rebates and they came pretty quickly. Online submission gives a confirmation. I don't think they have a way to pick and choose who gets rebates they come in in piles and they process them best they can. They don't know one person from another. Mobil works fine too can't beat $12 off a Walmart jug of oil.

Rebates they are a real pain with SOPUS.

Oil we mean they do promotions where they give away oil to certain members. I asked about shell multi vehicle 5w30 and got stonewalled. Screw me over, kiss my rear and dont expect me to buy your "product"

Oil we mean they do promotions where they give away oil to certain members. I asked about shell multi vehicle 5w30 and got stonewalled. Screw me over, kiss my rear and dont expect me to buy your "product"

Yes Adam you have that right a real pain in the SOPUS!

I am hoping requesting SOPUS rebates by online submissions with confirmation numbers, helps in receiving that check in the mail.

I am going to test the waters with a 2nd $10 rebate request by online submission ..... another 5qt jug of Platinum 5w30. If I finally find Pennzoil yellow bottle in SN Plus by-chance, I'll buy it also and do a 50-50 blend for a couple OCIs on the new Hyundai.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I am hoping requesting SOPUS rebates by online submissions with confirmation numbers, helps in receiving that check in the mail.

I am going to test the waters with a 2nd $10 rebate request by online submission ..... another 5qt jug of Platinum 5w30. If I finally find Pennzoil yellow bottle in SN Plus by-chance, I'll buy it also and do a 50-50 blend for a couple OCIs on the new Hyundai.

Joe, when I was at China Mart today; they had new style PYB bottles but didn't look to see if they are SN+

Adam, for the record, I've never had a problem with my SOPUS rebates. However, I too have a problem with the "cherry picking" of some members who got free samples, and mainly NOT ones who regularly contribute through personal contributions to board knowledge, other than opinions rather than test results or C&Ps. I doubt any of the other brand zealots can point to a bigger Pennzoil oil cheerleader than myself; the board has seen my Pennzoil VOAs, UOAs, and myriad of cut filters as proof of me using and praising Pennzoil. I didn't even get an F-U or anything similar...

That, and the fact it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to find 0W20 and 10W30 PUP anywhere, while 5W20 and 5W30 abound... oh wait, I can buy 0W20 from Amazon for $40+/5qts- NOPE. Color me sad. Usually a company should search out an already happy, involved customer to help multiply the free press they are trying to achieve, but oh well. I'm no marketing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back