Pennzoil Platinun/QS syn or Valvoline syn 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on Royal Purple ? I so far have done my rounds with Valvoline Syn, PP, QSUD, Mobil 1 EP & currently just regular advanced full synthetic. Various synthetic media filters. I currently drive 150 miles round trip each day in the same Vic. Mostly highway. Run hard though making it through traffic in the morning (if Any one takes the 15 north from SD to the 10 in the morning knows what I'm talking about) been doing 5k oci due to my driving it hard and climate in my opinion bring it into a severe service interval. Haven't tried Castrol edge again since settling into this daily routine. I got really good mpg with that oil when used but I also drove it across the country and back. Avg right over 26 mpg. I currently avg now 21.2 to 21.9. Pretty much stays steady in between that over the various oils. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on me trying RP in my application or possibly trying castrol again for same results. I know I over think this and continue like many others to search for the holy grail of oil. Knowing darn well all these oils work great and are tiny differences between them. But hey. I'm a married guy. This us kinda my excitement. Oh and for the people that reply about me changing my miles on my oci. Please be advised I have my mind set on what I consider to be my specific service interval in my application. Even though I'm sure you have good opinions. It's at the end of the day my thoughts that matter that led me to that decision, and my question this time is of the oil brand for the application and not the oci. Thanks again for reviewing my ramble and all educated answers are greatly appreciated.

I'd use the Valvoline. We have had great service with red bottle Maxlife in Ford trucks that see heavy towing. Good luck

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
You must be good at timing all the Platinum sales.
Personally, I don't buy oil unless it's on sale.

You should see the prices in Australia, that's doubly true here.

Personally I prefer the Royal Dutch Shell products (Pennzoil / Shell) as the company is vertically integrated and has internal control over their base stock and additive supply. Ashland, must buy base-stock on the open market and blends oils and is more dependant on Lubrizoil of their additive packs.

They both do what they say on the tin, but there is Helix Ultra (PP) in my cars for a reason.

Regards
Jordan

QSUD gave me 200,000+ trouble-free miles in a Ford V6. Motor was spotless and used no oil at the end when the body rusted out from under me. QSUD noticeably quieter than Mobil1. QSUD is also very affordable, especially on rebate or sale.

Originally Posted By: SHOPete
QSUD gave me 200,000+ trouble-free miles in a Ford V6. Motor was spotless and used no oil at the end when the body rusted out from under me. QSUD noticeably quieter than Mobil1. QSUD is also very affordable, especially on rebate or sale.

Have to agree with all that I've used all three of these and they are all good.

Thanks for the replies. I do have to say in my experience I also noticed my engine run quieter on QSUD than did on Mobil 1. Maybe it was just in my mind. But especially at idle to me it sounded more quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back