Pennzoil Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: mac9128
I see a lot of people on here saying QSUD is the best bargain synthetic, I think its like $20 at walmart. I can't speak professionally just saying it is cheaper than PP from what I've seen and supposed to be pretty stout

Mobil's new Super Synthetic is $19.50 at Walmart and I think it will beat Quaker State UD silly, and I am a QS fan.

funny, i have not seen one uoa on mobil super yet....but if i had to guess i would say a uoa with qsud will show lower iron numbers that MS.

Of the UOA's I've gotten on my family's vehicles over the years (and no I haven't tried every oil on the planet) the bottom-line lowest wear metals came with Pennzoil Platinum.

That might be true until someone does a voa or uoa back to Quaker in a flash. If it works why change???
hooked.gif

Finally making the switch to synthetic in my 2006 Honda accord. I found a deal at Advance Auto Parts that was 27.99 for 5 quarts of Penzoil platinum and a Purlator Pureone filter. not a bad deal considering they usually charge $29.99 for a 5.1 quart jug of PP and $6.99 for the pureone filter.

where do you guys get your PP? what weight do you use? (I'm going with 5w-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back