Pennzoil Email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening all... Just was a little disappointed that Pennzoil does not respond to questions regarding updated Technical sheets. I sent 2 emails 1 week ago, and no respose. Shame on them...

They haven't even fixed a serious mistake on a oil viscosity recommendation for my vehicle and still waiting 6 months later. No fix and no response after two emails. Shell took over the Pennzoil website and when they did, everything went down hill. Ed

Well... the economy has been in the tank for how many years now.

Who do you think that they're going to let go first, and be the last to rehire...

No, not the engineers.... Yep. The people who deal with the customers.

Maybe they spend all their time and money on oil research and improvements,and have little left over for staffing answering e mails,phone calls...etc.

Perhaps email subject title "Question regards to Super Tech, Kendall, Quaker State, Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil, Lucas, Napa, Royal Purple, Amsoil, Havoline etc. etc. etc. ...... "

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Maybe they spend all their time and money on oil research and improvements,and have little left over for staffing answering e mails,phone calls...etc.

Well if they can staff someone for Facebook. I think they can have a couple folks for tech questions.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Perhaps email subject title "Question regards to Super Tech, Kendall, Quaker State, Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil, Lucas, Napa, Royal Purple, Amsoil, Havoline etc. etc. etc. ...... "

Did not want to know about any of them there oils. Just wanted to know about updated Tech sheets. Some of the products do not have Tech sheets.

Large company. Few people really look at PDS's. I find it odd they still have the old Ultra PDS's linked to their main page.

Does Bitog have a database or sticky on latest tech sheets?

Should we come up with one and just post most current there like UOA's?

Interestingly, I've had the best technical service with Pennzoil compared to others by a long shot. Emails sent through their form have been replied with good detail within a few hours. Over the phone, they've all been Americans. When the low Ultra SN NOACK numbers came out, the guy on the other line checked with one of the chemists and called back in a few hours confirming the accuracy (which PQIA later backed up). Just last week I ended up talking to a nice lady who later in the conversation told me her husband tracks his M3 and uses QS 5W-50 (though I don't agree with that). Based on my many experiences with them, I think johnnydc's experience is not the norm.

I don't know why auto-reply is signed as Philippines, but judging by the level of detail in the reply I received it can't have been answered by some remote guy who isn't intimately involved with the company.

Last edited:
Every technical question I have emailed Pennzoil was answered the very next business day. I have posted various reply's from Pennzoil Technical service on here.

Including the answer to Eddie's question.

In all my years on the internet the one thing that bugs me the most is how very few websites actually answer questions posted to them. This happens with all types of businesses, they put up a link saying to contact them with questions, but I have found that I only get a response maybe 5% of the time, and that's being generous. So frustrating! Why put a link if you are not going to have someone responding back???
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back