Part time job search woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hpb
You work about 60 hours a week and still want more? Why?

I'm guessing he has bills to pay and save for retirement.....

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Hmm, maybe, but that applies to most of us. I do 38hrs per week, and that's more than enough! I say work to live, not live to work...

Hmm, maybe, but that applies to most of us. I do 38hrs per week, and that's more than enough! I say work to live, not live to work...

You're also in a different country. The minimum wage in PA is $7.25 an hour.

Management is everything, and sounds like this one is horribly managed.

Example:

When I worked at Dunkin Donuts in high school, it was a minimum wage part-time job. Most of the staff were high school kids who worked after school (like myself) or other people who worked during the mornings/mid day. The schedule was very easy to figure out. People who went to school worked in the evenings, others worked during the day.

That manager got hired at another store and we had a new manager. The new manager was terrible. She could not set up the schedule to save her life. She had people working more than 40 hours a week "part-time" which got the State involved, some of the high school kids were scheduled during the mornings when they had school, etc. It was a huge mess. I had to help her figure it out.

It was extremely simple, figure out the hours when people can work, and fill up the schedule accordingly. If a store can't figure that out, they have more problems. Find another one.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

You're also in a different country. The minimum wage in PA is $7.25 an hour.

Gang: I'm wanting to work some part time cause I like the automotive field. Current job is way more than minimum wage.

Yeah, the reviews on wal mart I applied at are terrible which isn't surprising

My friends Dad is self made millionaire who went from pumping gas to owning an insurance company and the best part the buildings he still rents back to them.

He worked at Walmart part time as pharmaceutical tech for fun but the yearly vacation (timeshare in Aruba) known well in advance to Walmart apparently did not jive with schedule so they fired him. His reviews/ethic were excellent and he hid his wealth by driving a $1500 heap to work instead of $50k bmw convertible.

Strange place, is this modern workplace in retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back