Paint Damage

Does comprehensive insurance cover vehicles paint damaged by fallout, pollen, sap, etc.?
The pollen here in La. is terrible right now! This just suddenly happened to my hood within the last 2 months or less. I'm blaming the pollen.

Attachments

• PAINT1.jpg
    PAINT1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 75
  • PAINT2.jpg
    PAINT2.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 74
The only way to know for certain is to call your insurance provider.

Is this going to be a reoccurring problem? The insurance may consider that.

You need to call your insurance provider and ask them specifically what they cover. However a good detailer should be able to correct that pretty well.

The only way to know for certain is to call your insurance provider.

Is this going to be a reoccurring problem? The insurance may consider that.
I have been parking my truck in the same parking spot for 10 years and 7 months now and this just occurred in the last 2 months.

When was the last time you waxed or sealed the paint? When was the last time your washed it? If pollen damaged paint, half the cars in the country would need paint jobs every year.

If this damaged happened in one event then it would be covered but it happened over the course of 2 months so it would be denied. Insurance would consider it wear and tear.

The paint checkering and dots in the second picture look like fading and the clearcoat starting to give up. I'm sure exposure to lots of pollen didn't help though.

If I were you, I wouldn't call the insurance company. Having a claim opened on your account could effect your rates down the line even if there was no payout. Nobody really knows but I wouldn't risk it, insurance companies love every excuse for a rate hike. Heck, it's not even worth calling in a claim if the damage is slightly above your deductible IMHO.

Kind of reminds me of sandstorm claims where a car gets blasted and needs exterior trim, glass, and a refinish but that happens during one event that can be verified with weather reports.

We get massive pollen deposits down here (thousands of acres of pines) and I have never seen any permanent damage caused by pollen. Right now both of my vehicles are covered in it. It will wash right off.

I live in a pollen and allergy capitol and I don’t think pollen can do damage like that to paint. Even if it did it would be wear and tear like those swirls I see. Just polish and move on. Those faded areas resemble ones from exposure to bird droppings. Try cleaning with alcohol and leave to breathe a couple days to see if they fade. I have also seen heat applied to reflow the clear.

Back