Pablo's finished bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: morepower
Ha ha you have the same $20 torque wrench that I have.

Yeah I needed one that went below 20 ft#. Mine was $15, on sale! My larger one is a Craftsman. Can't say it's more accurate, but they are different - the head nut torque between the two seemed way different.

The placement of the motor will cause metal fatigue in critical areas, and the frame will snap at a bad time (if it's ever ridden off-road). If all it sees is paved roads and/or bike paths, you're probably good to go.

Nice work, BTW. I envy your creativity. Maybe one day when my son is a little older, he & I can work up some interesting garage projects together.

OTOH the engine adds frame support.
LOL.gif

Check out this failure (with photos):

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/bye-bye-bicycle-725.html

At least the engine is well tested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Ycvad7NN4

LOL.gif
crazy2.gif

All right this is too much to bear:

I ordered one of these kits!

Wife's 30th birthday is coming up, she is expecting diamond earrings, wow will she be suprised!

Actually, she works in a huge office building on the 9th floor and parks for free, on street, five blocks away. So this thing would be fun to put on the elevator. Hope it doesn't reek of gas.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Pablo,
the slot on the engine/clutch assy...how much clearance is there if the chain were to be vertical, or over centre ?

Down? Maybe enough. Up? none.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Can't go wrong with an engine called "happy time."
cheers3.gif

That sounds like the one that Borat would choose.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
LOL.gif

Couldn't you just add little split sleeves where things are clamped onto the bike frame? The cost in money and weight would be very insignificant I believe.

Originally Posted By: Oilgal
LOL.gif

Couldn't you just add little split sleeves where things are clamped onto the bike frame? The cost in money and weight would be very insignificant I believe.

Some folks clamp old inner tube sections and such....it does help with vibrations.

Originally Posted By: Oilgal
I was thinking more like, some approx. 1.8" steel etc., along with something like that.

Unless it's a very thin frame that wouldn't be needed.....now on the chain tensioner, maybe!

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
The placement of the motor will cause metal fatigue in critical areas, and the frame will snap at a bad time (if it's ever ridden off-road). If all it sees is paved roads and/or bike paths, you're probably good to go.

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, "That's not a fatigue problem mate, this is a fatigue problem".
grin2.gif

motormount.jpg

To add to that, the owner said he weighed 290 lb.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
All right this is too much to bear:

I ordered one of these kits!

I suggest you join: http://motorbicycling.com/

Who's that Paul's Lubricant's guy with that ad in the top left corner?
banana2.gif

I only hang with the best!

Fine last words an old buccaneer might utter!
pirate.gif
devilnana.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back