P0304 Misfire Code/Cant Clear it. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks for the info. Heres an update. I removed the intake manifold and cleaned it out with carb cleaner and I removed the injectors and I think I found my problem. Ports 1,2,3, are good and clear of carbon. Port 4 when injector is removed and you look into the hole has a piece of metal some type of internal part partially covering the port and blocking atleast half the stream of fuel injector spray.. It looks as if it was in motion and siezed up. Anybody know what this part is called or what it is?

i dont know how to upload pics to the site but maybe i can upload it to photobucket.com and link it here for you to see. I took a picture but I do not know if it came out.

It is really wierd. I got a check engine light (P0304) Misfire cylinder #4 back in September. Since then I have changed the following: plugs, wires, coil pack, injectors, fuel rail, wiring harness, throttle position sensor, MAP Sensor, etc. Still had a light scanned codes again about 2 weeks ago and I had the (P0304) as well as a (P403) EGR code. Since then replaced the egr and gaskets and still had the light. I rescanned codes and the EGR code went away, but the P0304 still remained. I disconnected the air intake, intake manifold, injectors, etc. I sprayed the inside of the intake manifold both upper and lower as well as the injector ports with carb cleaner let it soak, absorbed it up and re-assembled everything. Started the van up got a lot of white smoke because of the carb cleaner and the carbon in the exhaust. It then changed to regular exhaust flow and I havent had a check engine light in almost 24hours. It started to blink earlier about 5 times and hasnt came on again? Anyone know what this means? Maybe I just had carbon buildup? Maybe I got some of it out and unclogged something?
Anyone every have this problem or been through this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back