Original Total Quartz 10W-60 same as Total Quartz Ineo 10W-60?

Hello BITOGers,

I was about to purchase some Total Quartz 10W-60 but then I saw that they offer the original and a new bottle under the Ineo line. Both are "M car approved" but the new one has additional approvals, namely API CF and ACEA C3. Does anyone know if they are the same formula, different bottle and whether or not this is a solid choice? Thank you!

Original Quartz Racing 10W-60:
total-quartz-racing-10w-60-engine-oil-1-litre-1.jpg

total-quartz-racing-10w-60-engine-oil-1-litre-2.jpg

1LiterTOTALQuartzIneoRACING10W-60-17796_1920x1920.jpg

1LiterTOTALQuartzIneoRACING10W-60-17798_1920x1920.jpg

I appreciate the info. The engine the oil will be going in is a naturally aspirated BMW S54B32 from 2002.

Which is preferred, full or mid/low SAPs?

I appreciate the info. The engine the oil will be going in is a naturally aspirated BMW S54B32 from 2002.

Which is preferred, full or mid/low SAPs?
The original spec would've been full SAPS, but with today's gasoline the difference between the full and mid-SAPS stuff will likely make no difference.

Hello BITOGers,

I was about to purchase some Total Quartz 10W-60 but then I saw that they offer the original and a new bottle under the Ineo line. Both are "M car approved" but the new one has additional approvals, namely API CF and ACEA C3. Does anyone know if they are the same formula, different bottle and whether or not this is a solid choice? Thank you!

Original Quartz Racing 10W-60:
total-quartz-racing-10w-60-engine-oil-1-litre-1.jpg

total-quartz-racing-10w-60-engine-oil-1-litre-2.jpg

1LiterTOTALQuartzIneoRACING10W-60-17796_1920x1920.jpg

1LiterTOTALQuartzIneoRACING10W-60-17798_1920x1920.jpg
Similar but unlikely to be the exact same because formulations are tweaked all the time.
You can have an oil which is both API SN and ACEA C3. API CF is largely irrelevant for the application.

Last edited:
The original spec would've been full SAPS, but with today's gasoline the difference between the full and mid-SAPS stuff will likely make no difference.
My basic understanding (please correct me if wrong) is that full SAPS = better protection but at the expense of potentially fouling the cats. This is assuming that your engine is burning/consuming oil?

My basic understanding (please correct me if wrong) is that full SAPS = better protection but at the expense of potentially fouling the cats. This is assuming that your engine is burning/consuming oil?
Both ACEA C3 and A3/B4 share the same wear performance specifications. The major difference is that C3 can only be used with ultra-low Sulphur gasoline and diesel. I suppose an argument could be made that an A3/B4 oil could go longer on ULSG/ULSD.

C3 oils have been used in western Europe for almost 20 years.

Yes and I noticed a drop off in engine cleanliness after the switch was made to C3 and C2 oils, they really don't handle long intervals and fuel dilution aswell

Back